MediaPortal's EVR Scaling Algorithm (1 Viewer)

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    is it possible to use the shaders of mpc (like sharpen complex or others) together with mpc codec within mediaportal?

evilgroby

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since I just have currently the same problems as the thread creator, I am glad to have finally found this thread.
    I was able to solve my graphical problem with ffdshow, so the picture is nearly perfect.

I use still MePo 1.2 and asking me if there is in MePo 1.7 are now a solution for this problem?
    Is there any way of changing the scaling algorithm now?

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Since I just have currently the same problems as the thread creator, I am glad to have finally found this thread.
    I was able to solve my graphical problem with ffdshow, so the picture is nearly perfect.

I use still MePo 1.2 and asking me if there is in MePo 1.7 are now a solution for this problem?
    Is there any way of changing the scaling algorithm now?
    Nope. I think we'll have to wait for MediaPortal 2.0 for that but I have no idea what scaling algorithms will be available.

I still think it's a shame the developers didn't focus on MadVR integration instead: it has loads of scaling algorithms that can't be beaten elsewhere (Jinc 3-tap + anti-ringing being the scaler of choice for most). ffdshow can do Lanczos of course but MadVR offers an excellent anti-ringing filter that ffdshow doesn't have (and I doubt MediaPortal will have it either).

evilgroby

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What surprises me, is that it bothers no one else or others have not a bad picture.
    I have the problem only after the change from a 37 inch hd ready plasma to a full hd 47 inch lcd.

Of course the picture is not better if the tv is getting bigger.
    But i think that more people are having our trouble. So I would expect a reasonable solution in MePo.
    As user i would expect that the picture quality is the same as the one from the tv tuner. But in my case it differs extremly.

But with ffdshow i have now a workable solution :)

PLAzmA

May 9, 2014
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Sorry to chime in, but having either madvr or something thats as good quality wise (nothing else ive seen comes close) for live tv would so awsome, yeah its sort of possible with ffdshow, but madvr can offload prettly much everything to the gpu and works so well, compared against evr is like chalk and cheese.

Keeping my fingers crossed mp2 will have something thats can work in a similar way.

The only thing ive seen that was close was the d3d mode on mpchc and set it to force an rgb10bit output, throw in a configurable upscale and nothing would come close to mp2 as an all in one solution.

Current its either a choice between an all in one player (which is how it should be) or having to tie in an external player like zoom or mpchc to get madvr and reclock for frame perfect playback.

Im not knocking mp far from it, its evr that sux, for me this would be my biggest ask (feature request) for mp2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom