MP and/or computer crashes after a few minutes (1 Viewer)

LennyW

Portal Pro
July 19, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear all!

Since a 1-2 weeks MP crashes sometimes after a few minutes and I have to switch off the computer completely (hard reset) before it is working again. If I do not run MP (but other programs) or if MP runs already for a longer time everything seems fine.
Now I also have for a second time the problem that MP does not start at all. After "loading plugins" I either get an error message or the MP screen just disappears and the normal desktop is back. I can start the default skin (Watchdog debug mode).
The logs are attached. Can you help me? at the moment I am not sure whether this is a MP or hardware issue.

Best regards
LennyW

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Your system goes out of memory.

Please use the Watchdog and launch MP with the option "Report bug to team MediaPortal". This will deactivate all non-core plugins. Does it still crash?

LennyW

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At least it starts again in "default mode". The problem is that it did not crash always in standard mode. It is only recently that MP is only starting in debug mode.
    I have 8GB of memory installed. I think this should be sufficient. Could this indicate a faulty memory chip? Are the plugins using so much more memory than MP alone? Could a corrupted database "trigger" an out-of memory error?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Could a corrupted database "trigger" an out-of memory error?
    Yes, and it is.
    Your MP-TVSeries plugin database is corrupted:
    [collapse]
    [2016-06-26 22:07:11,275] [Log ] [DirectoryWorker] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database: TVSeriesDatabase4.db3
    [2016-06-26 22:07:11,278] [Log ] [DirectoryWorker] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2016-06-26 22:07:11,281] [Log ] [DirectoryWorker] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2016-06-26 22:07:11,284] [Log ] [DirectoryWorker] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:[/collapse]

There are instructions in the wiki for fixing it.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/Troubleshooting/Repair_SQLite_Database

LennyW

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could this also cause my system to freeze while it is running? Is the MP-TVSeries database accessed in the background while MP is running?

LennyW

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks again. Is it only this one database or should I check other ones, too? Is this visible in the logs?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is it only this one database...?
    It's not possible to answer this question. The log files won't show more than one corrupt database.

...or should I check other ones, too?
    If I were you I would just fix the MP-TVSeries database. If you still have problems after that, provide fresh log files and we can check them again.

Is this visible in the logs?
    I'm not sure what you mean when you say "this". What I can say is: yes, the MediaPortal log file shows the name of the first corrupted database (I included the relevant log section in my previous reply).

LennyW

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay! I will try to fix it and see what happens. I am still uncertain about the root cause. Was it the database in the beginning or is there a hardware issue which has corrupted the database...
    Nevertheless, thanks for your help and good advise.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am still uncertain about the root cause.
    Hard resetting can cause database corruption. In other words: you may have been making the original problem worse. We will only find out more after you fix the MP-TVSeries database...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom