MP & XBMC intergration scripts v0.6d Update 4-MAR-07 (2 Viewers)

graemef

Portal Pro
November 28, 2004
Perth
Home Country
I don't think the plugin works on the later mediaportals, I get an error on configuration as well. Pity really wanted to try this.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Some interesting things in XBMC changelog recently:

2007-06-30 9486 added: rtsp support in libavformat for dvdplayer, untested as I haven't found any rtsp stream of supported type (mp3, h264, aac), wmv streams from windows media player is not supported at the moment

2007-06-28 9468 added: allow dvdplayer to use ffmpegs built-in stream handlers for rtp/rtsp/sdp/udp streams. it's abit unreliable at the moment on xbox atleast as it might lockup xbmc if there is nothing to stream. (this requires recompiled ffmpeg dll's, with network and protocols enabled).

Haven't looked into it yet but this may be promising for live streaming of TV.

Hope to get some time next week to work on the scripts again been very busy the last 2 weeks

Hi,

Maybe this will help also:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/c_c_interface_tvserver_potential_xbmc_client-t25538.html

patrick

CYaBro

Portal Member
April 27, 2006
Whangarei
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yea any news?
I would really like to be able to use my Xbox with XBMC to view the EPG and set recordings etc.
Not worried about live tv at this stage.
I never watch live TV and just use a shared folder on the TV Server PC to view recorded TV on the xbox.

thechad

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Geelong, Australia
Home Country
Hi All,

Sorry long time no update.

Back into working on this at the moment and stilling getting through the Schedule Updating area. More updates when I make more progress.

Would like some feedback, would users prefer to have an initial release without live TV or should I hold off releasing and try and get live TV running?

Cheers,

Chad

CYaBro

Portal Member
April 27, 2006
Whangarei
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Awesome thechad!

I too would like an update that would work with TVServer 0.3 that would just be able to view the EPG and set recordings.
I also don't watch much live TV.
I usually wait for about 15-20 mins (for a one hour show) after a program has started and start watching the recording so I can skip any ads and finish around the same time the live program finishes.

thechad

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Geelong, Australia
Home Country
Hi All,

I am having some trouble playing RTSP streams in XBMC and was wondering if anyone else had this working as I have updated the code to play recorded TV and active streams using RTSP but I am unable to test. Hoping it is just my installation that is hosed.

If no one else can get it to work I will have to try and get onto some in the XBMC team.

Cheers,

Chad

SamSam

Portal Member
October 31, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello i was wondering if ther was a plugin availible for the latest media protal 0.2.3.0 RC3

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom