MPDisplay++ - Extended Display/Touchscreen Plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kernel.32

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Italy Italy
Re: MPDisplay2 - MP Secondary Display

Dumb question: if I have StreamedMP skin on MP, can I use other MPDisplay2 skins? :D and :sorry:

Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MPDisplay2 - MP Secondary Display

Yes - you can use every other Skin with MPD2.

I can not see the last item in the scroll list window. Maybe this is because my Touchscreen is 1024x768
    There is no equalizer when I start StreamRadio with PureVisionDS Skin (starts with BlueDark)
    Both skins have set RSS Feed scroll: False... (I only tried this two)
    When I touch on "Radio" I got my "Plugins" List (I am on Home Screen) and I had to touch on Radio in Scroll list, to come to Radio (I named StreamedRadio to Radio in my MP)

Hi tini-hamburg,

In next version StreamRadio will be shown up correctly. I've added it to the skins.
    The thing with renamed StreamRadio... I don't know if it will work for you what I've done now. Have to tell me after release of next version if it works.

I set my screen resolution to 1024x768 too now. What I have seen is, that some more users are using this resolution. I will make further tests with this one.

Problem with last item in listcontrol:
    For this there is just one solution at the time. Go into the xmls and edit the Controls by yourself. I posted some articles above where you will find this xmls. Problem is, that every user has an other resolution set. So it looks on every screen otherwise. You can change the Textsize or make a smaller listcontrol (in height).

I tested this now on various resolutions. This solution does not work! It's a problem with listcontrol if screen is not running on default and other resolutions. I have added this to Mantis.

Greets,
    Wondermusic

tini-hamburg

Portal Member
    February 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MPDisplay2 - MP Secondary Display

Hi Wondoermusic

Wow, fast response :)

Zitat von Wondermusic
    Because of StreamRadio I will have a look at it when I'm home tonight. In BlueDark it work's and in PVHD not? Is that correct?
    Yes, that's correct.

I will give you a response when I try the next version with StreamedRadio and I will have a look at the xmls.

Greets,
    Tini

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

hi,

I want to report a new bug..

When my HTPC is playing music for a long time (don't know how long exact, but I believe more than an hour) the touchscreen doesn't react anymore..

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

hi,

When my HTPC is playing music for a long time (don't know how long exact, but I believe more than an hour) the touchscreen doesn't react anymore..

Hey Powermarcel,

This is not a MPDisplay bug.
    Look in MP config (general I think) for reduuce fps setting , I cant remember what its called and am away from HTPC
    Basiicly its a power saving feature of MP, Just disable it and it will run fine.

Sa

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: MPDisplay2 - MP Secondary Display

There is no equalizer when I start StreamRadio with PureVisionDS Skin (starts with BlueDark)

Hey Tini,

The EQ only works for Bass player at the moment, More complex functionality around the EQ getting FFT data from the direct sound device will come in later versions.

until then maybe i could add fake FFT data for Radio, Stream Radio.

Sa

mtjoernelund

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

I Think this new version looks great, and functionality is absolutely right. Still have some stability issues though, but I have not had the time to explore in debth. Will report back when I have a more clear picture.

One thing though that have been an issue with both the previous version and so far also this is that sometimes when the HTPC wakes from sleep the touchscreen is locked displaying the info from what was one when the HTPC was turned off, and the only thing to do is to reboot. I would like to supply some logs, but that is difficult as it is so random.

But am I the only one having this issue?

sunedane

Portal Member
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Hi sa_ddam213

Nice plugin.
    I'm running latest SVN of Mediaportal, and I cant get any lists to work. Not in radio, music or picture.
    No lists is show at all.

Another problem is the Tv section. I Only get a blank black screen.

Can you confirm my issues?

Regards
    /sd

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

hi,

Hey Powermarcel,

Look in MP config (general I think) for reduuce fps setting , I cant remember what its called and am away from HTPC
    Basiicly its a power saving feature of MP, Just disable it and it will run fine.

Sa

Hi sa_ddam,

thank! This was the solution. I didn't no this option.. I have set the max FPS to 100, and not only the touchscreen works now better, but everything is much smoother and faster..

An other question: Is there a way to disable the cursor on the touchscreen? When I touch on the screen now, you see the cursor, and that's not so nice.. Another thing is, when I touch the screen, I see the windows logo in the right under corner of my television. I have enabled the options; hold mediaportal always on top, and; hide taskbar..

Any tips?

Grtz, and have a good weekend

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

hi,

Hey Powermarcel,

Sa

Hi sa_ddam,

thank! This was the solution. I didn't no this option.. I have set the max FPS to 100, and not only the touchscreen works now better, but everything is much smoother and faster..

An other question: Is there a way to disable the cursor on the touchscreen? When I touch on the screen now, you see the cursor, and that's not so nice.. Another thing is, when I touch the screen, I see the windows logo in the right under corner of my television. I have enabled the options; hold mediaportal always on top, and; hide taskbar..

Any tips?

Grtz, and have a good weekend

Hey Powermarcel,

I can remove the cursor next version :)

You raise a good point here too, Raising the FPS for mediaportal will probably make the preformance a lot better, But ill have to test and confirm this.

Cheers
    Sa

Hi sa_ddam213

Nice plugin.
    I'm running latest SVN of Mediaportal, and I cant get any lists to work. Not in radio, music or picture.
    No lists is show at all.

Another problem is the Tv section. I Only get a blank black screen.

Can you confirm my issues?

Regards
    /sd

Hey Sunedane,

At the moment there is a bug where it will only show the list if MP list is set to "Listview"
    I'll chase up the latest changes in the svn to check
    Are you using TVServer or 4TR?

Sa

I Think this new version looks great, and functionality is absolutely right. Still have some stability issues though, but I have not had the time to explore in debth. Will report back when I have a more clear picture.

One thing though that have been an issue with both the previous version and so far also this is that sometimes when the HTPC wakes from sleep the touchscreen is locked displaying the info from what was one when the HTPC was turned off, and the only thing to do is to reboot. I would like to supply some logs, but that is difficult as it is so random.

But am I the only one having this issue?

Hey Mtjoernelud,

This maybe due to MPDisplay loading info before MP is awake, This would explain the random nature of this issue.
    Maybe it would be a good idea for me to add a function where MPdisplay2 restarts on wake.
    Or delay MPDisplay from loading after wake.

I'll look into it tommorrow :)

Sa

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom