MPstandbyHandler (1 Viewer)

J-B-N

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
adams79: I am at 9 seconds now, but can try an even larger number. It will take a day or two find out more tho.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    J.B.N.: you can solve your tvserver exception by raise the amount of time before restart tvservice in the mpstandbyhandler options... With 0 (as default) me too get an error... raising this value to 5 i get no errors...
    This because after killing the tvservice process the remoting channel is not free for some seconds and restarting the tv service cause the error because a remoting channel is already registered...

True. Following Mantis error is caused by the same thing: 0001535: PowerScheduler fails to detect client activity - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Here's a binary that can be tested if the SVN fixing the issue, if not then there are only two options that can solve the issue:

1) timeout before starting tve3 and MP again (really UGLY)
    2) adding multiple ports to .net remoting (not so ugly, but ugly still)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Here are my settings for MPStandbyHandler

sshot-2.jpg

For whatever reason, unless i increased the time and set the stop tvservice prior to resume, got a mixed bag, sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not, with above settings, currently getting 100% success whether using remote or powerscheduler.

RoXoR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, I would like to use your tool, but I've a problem.

"sec to wait for MP to be stopped" --> is useless, because my HTPC sleeps immediately

In addition, after waking up my HTPC the watchdog appears and says that MP crashed unexpectedtly
    (does your tool kill the process or stop the task?)

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For whatever reason, unless i increased the time and set the stop tvservice prior to resume, got a mixed bag, sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not, with above settings, currently getting 100% success whether using remote or powerscheduler.

I need the contents of the log window... ;)
    And by the way i am not quiet sure what your problem is... you mean that TVS can't be stopped sometimes at resume?

"sec to wait for MP to be stopped" --> is useless, because my HTPC sleeps immediately
    I dont think so. This is the maximum time to wait for the MP process to be killed. If the process is killed immediatly then you wont see a delay. -> plz give me the contents of the log window ;)

In addition, after waking up my HTPC the watchdog appears and says that MP crashed unexpectedtly
    MP is killed, not stopped. But this is a good hint. I never used the watchdog, so i did not see this. I can implement to stop MP the "smooth" way and if this fails i still can kill it. OK?

No, but just came home to a .net error on resume, which when i clicked the good old continue, restarted TVServer splashscreen showed and then disappeared after its usual amount of time, which is strange because recording had already started 10 mins previous to my arrival, yet there's a full recording there.

I think i found the cause of the .net error. The splashscreen causes it.
    I read the RTV had the same problem with MP (core.dll) some time ago. I should ask him how he fixed it.
    In the meantime just deactive the splashscreen in the configuration.

...and it seems to me that the .net error is 99% on XP but not on Vista... can someone confirm this?

EDIT:
    @RoXoR got a new version for you 1.0.0.9, i hope this one is more kind to your watchdog

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    you mean that TVS can't be stopped sometimes at resume?

If task manager is to be believed, yes, it still shows TVServer running after resume with the default settings, if you click the tvserver icon it brings up the message "tvserver not running, would you like to start tvservice" message.

Logs show everything went fine btw.

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Good morning,

I have installed Tourettes new powerscheduler.dll in TV-Service and I tried with 15 seconds before the restart of TV-service and got:

2008-09-04 06:26:56.656250 [1]: Exception :confused:ystem.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Remoting configuration failed with the exception 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

TV-Service logs attached.

RoXoR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I dont think so. This is the maximum time to wait for the MP process to be killed. If the process is killed immediatly then you wont see a delay. -> plz give me the contents of the log window ;)

MP is killed, not stopped. But this is a good hint. I never used the watchdog, so i did not see this. I can implement to stop MP the "smooth" way and if this fails i still can kill it. OK?

EDIT:
    @RoXoR got a new version for you 1.0.0.9, i hope this one is more kind to your watchdog

thanx a lot for the new version, but your tool works only well under windows xp, not under vista
    because as I told you before, my vista HTPC sleeps immediately
    ---
    wenn du noch fragen hast, schicke ich dir gerne noch eine PM
    ich dachte nur, dass es vllt andere auch interessieren könnte

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    RoXoR can you plz give me the contents of the log window anyway...?

Sorry RoXoR if found a bug in the new version. I will fix it this evening. Stopping MP the smoth way will hopefully work tonight.

...the application is working perfectly on my Vista SP1 Maschine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom