mptagthat (not responding) (1 Viewer)

crielle1

Portal Member
September 4, 2010
mptagthat once i scan my files it keeps saying (not responding) it will work very very slow start stop start stop.

crielle1

Portal Member
September 4, 2010
The function the uses music brainz. will work for one song at a time, sometimes when i highlight the whole album it says not responding then will work its constant back and forth, it seemed to work just fine the other day. really like this program think its the best can someone please help. thanks a bunch

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    mptagthat once i scan my files it keeps saying (not responding) it will work very very slow start stop start stop.

I can confirm this issue with the newest update.

An "identify file" run is extremely slow. Program says not responding. Last version had no problem like that.

I'll produce some logs soon.

tomtom

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    For me it runs fine here.
    Has the normal speed and i can't find any other problems in log.
    didn't change anything in logic and code between the versions.

crielle1

Portal Member
    September 4, 2010
    Even now im running the program and the search through music brainz is really slow, it is working but keeps saying mptagthat the media portal tag editor (not responding)...
    probably takes a minute to do a track then it goes to the next track says not responding but is working then says ok goes to the next track and does the same thing. i used this program two days ago and worked absolutely fine maybe i need to update it.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    any logs please?
    for me it is about 2 - 5 secs per track.

i didn#t change anything in the code to musicbrainz.
    so i really have no clue, what could be wrong.

can you try with the old version please?

crielle1

Portal Member
    September 4, 2010
    I have no idea how to post logs or i would if you tell me i will gladly post. yeah the tag identifer keeps dying. not responding worked 100% the first day i used it then it just stopped. i hit the organize files button by accident and after that is when it actually started to give me the problems.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    AW: mptagthat (not responding)

Helmut,

here is my log.

I chose 5 files for "identify file". This process took about 3.5 minutes. With the old version this search was a matter of maybe 30 seconds.

I am using win7 64bit.

tomtom

crielle1

Portal Member
    September 4, 2010
    Im using windows vista 64. the identify file button just freezes mptagthat makes it run so slow. identify from internet works fine along with cover art and all the other functions. u wouldn't have a link for the older version. i really liked this program and it was running really smooth then all of a sudden it just crashed even when i turn it on it takes a while i just erased it totally im gonna try to reinstall it tomorrow maybe that will fix it who knows.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i'll post a compile of the previous version, when i am home at night.

The log from TomTom just confirms what he says, however i don't see any particular info inside.
    I will create a special build with a lot of debug info in it, so that we can see what is really happening.

Users who are viewing this thread