MPTagThat - The Mediaportal Tag Editor (1 Viewer)

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    What a simply brilliant tool. Combining tagging, ripping, burning, converting and album info and lyric grabbing all on the one tool was a stroke of genius. I've cutdown from at least 4 different tools to do all this to just this one. Thank you so much.

One minor feature request.... I hate using mapped network drives and tend to use My Network Places (ie UNC's) to get to network drives. It makes my playlists more universal across multiple clients by using UNC's and not having to map the same drive letter on the clients. In a similar vein to the request above (ie relative paths), could you also add support for My Network Places to the folder navigator, and the ability to use UNC's in the playlists.

It would be great to find a tool that can manage playlists across multiple clients in a better way.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The component used to build the TreeView has big problems to work with UNC pathes under Vista. i get all kind of timeouts.
    not very stable. this is why i have disabled it for the time being.
    it has low priority on mylist, but hopefully i can fix it.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Ive search the documentation but cant find it.

is there a way of tagging ALL my music at the same time? instead of going album by album?

just select music folder hit internet tag and have two list comparing and check them from correct tag/coverart.

also, can the status column remember if a song has been treated already? then by just listing by status i could see which files i have to tag left. this would be very usefull for very big databases where u cant do everything in one seat and have to come back to it. also to see new files added, which have not be treated.

thanks alot, looks like a very usefull program with huge potential.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    nope, the tag by interne function is designed to work on album basis.

as for status: if you have changed a song then it is marked with the "changed"-color.
    i don't keep the status between sessions, do that you can exit the program and come back.

best way would be to use the Organise function to move away files already tagged correctly. this is how i do it.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    nope, the tag by interne function is designed to work on album basis.

as for status: if you have changed a song then it is marked with the "changed"-color.
    i don't keep the status between sessions, do that you can exit the program and come back.

best way would be to use the Organise function to move away files already tagged correctly. this is how i do it.

ok, still would be nice that it worked not only on album basis. but no big deal.

im going to check teh organise function and see if its what i mean.

btw, just notice, its a pain that the splashscreen stays on top whilst "getting track tags" when u open the program. with a large collection means u cant continue working as it stays on top.

can u fix this? maybe even make it smalller or at least able to move it around

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    First of all, very nice work and thanks a lot for this free tool! A question though (no I haven't tried this tool yet), will this allow for the music part of MediaPortal to show Tag names instead of File names while just browsing?

MP has had this capability at least since version 0.2.3, when I discovered it.
    This wiki page describes how to set up what you want.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Incredible tool!

:D
    Finally got around to trying this. It's been said before, but I have to repeat:
    Brilliant! Abso*..*lutely brilliant!
    Many, many thanks!

P.S. Still cant resist a little nit-picking - it would be nice if:
    1. The dropdown lists in the "mass edit" dialog were filled with the properties of the selected tracks. This is how MP3tag works, and it makes it easier to for example assign correct album tags or uniform artist tags to a whole directory where at least one track is tagged correctly.
    2. The columns could be resized. The cursor changes to a two-headed arrow when moved over the column divisions, but DnD doesn't have any effect.
    3. The next track in the playlist would play automatically. At the end of each track, the playback stops.

Nonetheless, an incredibly versatile tool! Thanks again.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    1. if ALL tracks have the same value, then they're filled. If not, then Artist, Albumartist and Album have the combo box filled with corect values
    2. Columns can be resized, but ONLY if nothing has been selected yet. have not figured out yet, why this is the case.
    3. It should play continously. maybe i've introduced a bug recently.

And thanks for the compliments. :)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    1. if ALL tracks have the same value, then they're filled. If not, then Artist, Albumartist and Album have the combo box filled with corect values
    So they do. Don't know why I couldn't get this the first time I tried it. Maybe I hadn't saved the tags yet.
    It would still be nice to extend this behaviour to some other fields, e.g. Title, Year and Disc, but you already have the important ones covered.
    And thanks for the compliments. :)
    Well deserved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom