MPTagThat - The Mediaportal Tag Editor (1 Viewer)

goomba516

Portal Member
October 25, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Quick question I have all music saved on an NAS but this program cant seem to locate my NAS any idea why

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    1. if ALL tracks have the same value, then they're filled. If not, then Artist, Albumartist and Album have the combo box filled with corect values
    2. Columns can be resized, but ONLY if nothing has been selected yet. have not figured out yet, why this is the case.
    3. It should play continously. maybe i've introduced a bug recently.

And thanks for the compliments. :)

In version 1.1.3434 from 27 May, I don't seem to get what you describe in point 1 above, or at least not what I expect (maybe I misunderstood). Is there a newer version?
    The attachment shows an example.
    MPTagThat was able to identify 2 of the tracks I recorded from the Jeff Beck LP, "Truth", correctly.
    When I activate "Multiple Tag Edit", the drop-down list for "Artist" contains "The Jeff Beck Group" as found for the two identified tracks. The drop-down lists for "Album Artist" and "Album" are empty. I would expect the "Album Artist" drop-down to contain "The Jeff Beck Group" and the "Album" drop-down to contain "Truth".

Thanks again!

Attachments

• MPTagThat.png
      MPTagThat.png
      79.3 KB

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    is the drop down list really empty or are the values just not selected.

from what i could see you have 11 tracks selected.
    Looks like that ALL 11 of them have "The Jeff Back Group" as an artist and therefor the artist field is shown as selected.
    BUT only 2 out of the 11 have the Album field set. THis means that the combo should contain " " and "Truth".

"Truth" would be only shown in album, if ALL 11 rtacks have the same value. Similar applies to AlbumArtist

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    OK, then it works as designed. It would be more useful though, if the drop-down list included all of the values in the selected files, allowing the correct one to be chosen. In the automatic identification process, for example, titles belonging to one album may be identified as coming from different ones (after all, popular titles are often issued on more thn one release). With a drop-down list containing all of the available tags, it would be easy to select the correct one for the whole set, and would prevent typographical errors, which can result in problems with later cataloguing or retrieval in the DB. The Album Artist situation is similar, as there may be different representations of the same artist (by last name, by first name, with or without arrticles, etc.). Having all of the available tags in the list would make it easy to select a uniform version for the set.
    Thanks again for your great work, not only on this tool but also on the Music section of MP!

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Well they are available in the drop down list, if you have selected them all.
    for example, if you have a set of tracks where some of them are empty, some contain "Rolling Stones", some "The Rolling Stones", then the followig will happen:
    - the selected value in the artist combo is empty, because the value for all selected tracks is not the same
    - the combo box is filled with " " (empty), "Rolling Stones", "The Rolling Stones"

now you can select one of the values from the list.

Note: the the current released version has an error, whereby same entries are displayed multiple times in the combo. this is already fixed and will be released with the nxt version

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Well they are available in the drop down list, if you have selected them all.
    for example, if you have a set of tracks where some of them are empty, some contain "Rolling Stones", some "The Rolling Stones", then the followig will happen:
    - the selected value in the artist combo is empty, because the value for all selected tracks is not the same
    - the combo box is filled with " " (empty), "Rolling Stones", "The Rolling Stones"

now you can select one of the values from the list.

Î'm not sure we understand each other. As the attached screenshots show:
    1. Some selected tracks have "The Jeff Beck Group" in the "Artist" field, but some are empty. The "Artist" combo box contains only "The Jeff Beck Group", whereas it should also contain an empty ("") entry.
    2. All of the "Album Artist" fields are empty, so the "Album Artist" combo box is also empty. It would be an added convenience here to have the data from the "Artist" fields in the drop-down list. Most pre-tagged files are tagged ony with "Artist" and not with "Album Artist". Also, MPTagThat's automatic identification doesn't seem to fill the "Album Artist" field. Chances are good, however, that the correct "Album Artist" will be represented in at least one of the "Artist" fields.
    3. Even though some of the selected files have "Truth" in the "Album" field, the "Album" dropdown list is empty. Shouldn't there be an entry for "Truth" in the list?

Thanks again for your fabulous work!

Attachments

• MPTagThatArtist.png
      MPTagThatArtist.png
      84.2 KB
    • MPTagThatAlbumArtist.png
      MPTagThatAlbumArtist.png
      83.9 KB
    • MPTagThatAlbum.png
      MPTagThatAlbum.png
      84 KB

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    1. Yes there shoule be the empty as well
    3. yes, truth should be in the album field as wel

2. will think about it

i'm sure 1. and 3. are working ok already, at least here in my unreleased version.
    i'll release next week a new version, please try with this one

Cressari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2008
    Konstanz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :D:D:D:D

Installed today first time. ITS GREAT, Fantastic, extraverygood! Thank you for this exciting possibility to get structure in my music-chaos. I am really happy about this tool.

frank75

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thx for this tool :)

I would like to have all my albums look like this
    99319_s.jpg

track - name - duration.

It does not work on some albums after running them through mptagthat.

And how do i sort the albums under Artist by Year, not album-name?

Thx again for this great tool :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom