MPTouch - Mediaportal TouchScreen Plugin (2 Viewers)

MPTouch MainScreen Buttons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi sa_ddam,

Great to see that there is a new version.... i've checked the forum every day for the new realease.
    So....i installed it...

But unfortunatly it crashes again. It starts up okay....but when i close mediaportal i see the windows 7 message "mediaportal has stopped working.

And sometimes mediaportal won't start at all.

set mediaportal on top as "true"

I've attached the error.log. Hope you can see what the problem is.

This error is still caused by NO TV server , I tried to fix but I dont have a HTPC with no TV sever installed to test.
    If I remove the error people with TV wont have any TV infomation , In you mediaportal directory do you have TVcontroll.dll?

Quick workaround till i figure out a fix would be to install tv server anyway even if you dont have tv, You dont need a TV card or anything just the TVcontrol.dll

As for the error on close this has been this way for a while its not MP thats causing error but MPTouch even tho it says MP has to close , Im working on a fix

Cheers Sa

First of all :D for your work.

I have a problem with very high CPU load, when MP on homescreen, and MP Touch on startscreen/default. Browsing
    TV, Movies, Pictures etc on LCD TV gets stuttery/stepping instead of the normal smooth rolling behavior. If i put MP Touch to show for example system information it's all back to normal. It has been that way in the last realeses, but I have always thought that it will be fixed in next realese, but no. Is this something that effects just me, or is it everybody?
    Hope you understand what I mean. (Due to poor english)
    And please, keep up the good work. This makes my Zalman case with LCD touch useable. :D

How high is the CPU load?

I'm 99% sure its caused by the MPTouch thumbnail animating at the same time as MP is animating the Menu.
    I noticed the studder on MP home screen but not on any other MP window, but My CPU load on Main screen is only 4%

The Navigation window will probably cause the same issues but this should not matter because if you are using Navigation window then your TV is probably off so you won't notice ;)

Like I said earlier in the thread getting all that info without disturbing MP is difficult , but im getting there

I'll look when I get home and if its a quick fix ill post tonight or tommorow but sometimes small little bugs like this can end up been major issue's to fix.

Cheers for bugreports
    Sa

**Please don't forget to Vote/Rate this plugin** (Helps my motivation when I want to smash my DEV , LOL)

Need favour please?

If any one is testing MPTouch with VNC could the please please make me some Screenshots for the plugin mainpage
    or if you know another way to screenshot this plugin

would be much appreciated

Cheers Sa_ddam213

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    He Sa_ddam123,

To keep you motvated, I'll vote 10 where and whenever it's possible! But to make sure that I'm voteing on the right way, could you point me how to do this?
    Is it done with menu choice "Rating" in this thread?

And again, this is a great plugin for those which have dual display eg Zalman cases. So please keep up developing.

Johnnie

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Found it, its in the download section for Plugins ;-)!

christix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2008
    Skepplanda
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi again!
    The CPU load on homescreen is abaut 4-5 % when ideling, and 35-40 % when browsing. Another thing is that there is only two different thumbnails shown on touchscreen when browsing home menu: When TV is highlighted on homescreen it's correctly shown on Touchscreen. In all other cases the Plugin thumbnail is shown. No thumb for Video, Music, etc. Just plugin thumb
    everywhere exept TV. Just me, or is it suposed to work that way?
    AND I have voted in Plugin's section:D

wackid

Portal Member
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi sa_ddam,

Great to see that there is a new version.... i've checked the forum every day for the new realease.
    So....i installed it...

But unfortunatly it crashes again. It starts up okay....but when i close mediaportal i see the windows 7 message "mediaportal has stopped working.

And sometimes mediaportal won't start at all.

set mediaportal on top as "true"

I've attached the error.log. Hope you can see what the problem is.

This error is still caused by NO TV server , I tried to fix but I dont have a HTPC with no TV sever installed to test.
    If I remove the error people with TV wont have any TV infomation , In you mediaportal directory do you have TVcontroll.dll?

Quick workaround till i figure out a fix would be to install tv server anyway even if you dont have tv, You dont need a TV card or anything just the TVcontrol.dll

As for the error on close this has been this way for a while its not MP thats causing error but MPTouch even tho it says MP has to close , Im working on a fix

Cheers Sa

Can someone please attach tvcontroll.dll ???

And goes that in the progamdata/team mediaportal map or program files/team mediaportal??

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again!
    The CPU load on homescreen is abaut 4-5 % when ideling, and 35-40 % when browsing. Another thing is that there is only two different thumbnails shown on touchscreen when browsing home menu: When TV is highlighted on homescreen it's correctly shown on Touchscreen. In all other cases the Plugin thumbnail is shown. No thumb for Video, Music, etc. Just plugin thumb
    everywhere exept TV. Just me, or is it suposed to work that way?
    AND I have voted in Plugin's section:D

Hi,

In the TouchScreenSkin folder the thumbnails in there must be labelled exactly what the button is (Home/Basichome)

if button = "Videos" video thumbnail must be "Videos.png"
    if button = "My Videos" video thumbnail must be "My Videos.png"

Plus any other image in that folder can be replaced as long as you keep the same filename and the image is in ".png" format
    otherwise nothing will show , Hope that makes sense

Sa

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

Try this Dll, Should work fine without TV server

** NOTE: this is the pre-next version only change is TV server crash (fingers crossed) and Thumbnail animation removed (Temporary) christix you might want to try this as well

if you HAVE a tv server there is no point downloading this dll (save Mediaportal's bandwidth):)

Good luck Sa

Ollem

May 11, 2008
    Hi sa-ddam213, I can confirm the plugin now works without TV server enabled. Great!

about your request:
    If any one is testing MPTouch with VNC could the please please make me some Screenshots for the plugin mainpage
    or if you know another way to screenshot this plugin

would be much appreciated

There is a very simple solution for that (worked for me):
    - start mspaint
    - start MP
    - press 'PrtScr' key
    - alt-tab to mspaint
    - crtl-v to paste

You now have both screens in one picture.
    It's now quite easy to cut the 2nd screen and past in a new picture.

Hope this helps

neelex

Portal Pro
    March 16, 2009
    sa-ddam213,

thanks for the new version! It's getting better and better! BTW: I've just voted everywhere :D

Some things for the current version:

- If starting MP and switch to Navigation (don't do anything before) '#Select Item' is show in the current selection field and at the bottom '#Current Module' is seen.

- I want to ask that since a few days, but forgot it ;) For what are the 4 empty bottons in the Touchhome screen right below the current selected track field? :D

- If something is played ('now playing' is shown automatically - great!!) it jumps back to Touch home, if a button is pressed (that's great, too!!). That applies to the arrow button, but also to the volume keys and the skip track buttons. So if changing volume or pressing skip, the plugin jumps back to touch home. Is there a possibility to configure that happens only for the arrow keys?

Beside these really little findings it runs very stable, without errors and without crashes. TV audio and video are synchonous in the new release, that's a peach!

Thanks for your ongoing effort :D

Cheers
    Neelex:

PS: Another question: The plugin always shows (German): "Warte bis andere Services abgeschlossen sind" at the ticker in touch home screen. I guess depends on a plugin, maybe to the infoservice plugin? Does anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom