MPTouch - Mediaportal TouchScreen Plugin (1 Viewer)

MPTouch MainScreen Buttons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    sa-ddam213,

thanks for the new version! It's getting better and better! BTW: I've just voted everywhere :D

Some things for the current version:

- If starting MP and switch to Navigation (don't do anything before) '#Select Item' is show in the current selection field and at the bottom '#Current Module' is seen.

Good find , I'll fix for next version

sa-ddam213,

- I want to ask that since a few days, but forgot it ;) For what are the 4 empty bottons in the Touchhome screen right below the current selected track field? :D

One of the buttons is going to be for Power options (close, restart sleep etc.)
    The other Three i'm open to suggestion of maybe I could make them customisable in the config. Poll maybe?

sa-ddam213,

- If something is played ('now playing' is shown automatically - great!!) it jumps back to Touch home, if a button is pressed (that's great, too!!). That applies to the arrow button, but also to the volume keys and the skip track buttons. So if changing volume or pressing skip, the plugin jumps back to touch home. Is there a possibility to configure that happens only for the arrow keys?

I will change to arrow movement only.

Cheers for you findings
    Sa_ddam213

PS: The infoservice plugin author is from Germany so the German text is probably related to that plugin

wackid

Portal Member
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Try this Dll, Should work fine without TV server

** NOTE: this is the pre-next version only change is TV server crash (fingers crossed) and Thumbnail animation removed (Temporary) @christix you might want to try this as well

if you HAVE a tv server there is no point downloading this dll (save Mediaportal's bandwidth):)

Good luck Sa

Its working allright, only a very long startup time..... screen gets blank after 20 sec mediaportal comes up.

When RC3 arrives i will install tv server. Hope everthing gets beter then

christix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2008
    Skepplanda
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Try this Dll, Should work fine without TV server

** NOTE: this is the pre-next version only change is TV server crash (fingers crossed) and Thumbnail animation removed (Temporary) @christix you might want to try this as well

if you HAVE a tv server there is no point downloading this dll (save Mediaportal's bandwidth):)

Good luck Sa

With this new dll studdering on homescreen is gone AND it show thumbnails on touchscreen. A big step in userfriendlyness,
    And a very big :D

Christer

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi sa_ddam,

Great to see that there is a new version.... i've checked the forum every day for the new realease.
    So....i installed it...

But unfortunatly it crashes again. It starts up okay....but when i close mediaportal i see the windows 7 message "mediaportal has stopped working.

And sometimes mediaportal won't start at all.

set mediaportal on top as "true"

I've attached the error.log. Hope you can see what the problem is.

This error is still caused by NO TV server , I tried to fix but I dont have a HTPC with no TV sever installed to test.
    If I remove the error people with TV wont have any TV infomation , In you mediaportal directory do you have TVcontroll.dll?

Quick workaround till i figure out a fix would be to install tv server anyway even if you dont have tv, You dont need a TV card or anything just the TVcontrol.dll

As for the error on close this has been this way for a while its not MP thats causing error but MPTouch even tho it says MP has to close , Im working on a fix

Cheers Sa

Can someone please attach tvcontroll.dll ???

And goes that in the progamdata/team mediaportal map or program files/team mediaportal??

Hi,

Maybe to late, but just for sure I'll attach the tvcontroll.dll. It's from a Netherlands install RC2.
    It's placed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server
    As you can see its a Win7x64 installation.

Cheers, John

Attachments

• TvControl.zip
      30.6 KB

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    One of the buttons is going to be for Power options (close, restart sleep etc.)
    The other Three i'm open to suggestion of maybe I could make them customisable in the config. Poll maybe?

Hi sa_ddam.

Attached you'll find my error log; using the plugin (and I really like it) I found that sometimes the touchscreen isn't in sync with the skin-screen (main tv-screen). Eg I select HOME via MP-touch and on the big screen there is an other screen shown eg the plugin screen. With repeating several times on MPT the homescreen its synced again.
    Also I'm notice that startup is slow, 20 sec to launch. And MP is sometimes suddenly showing the message that its stopped working.

Attached my error log which hopefully helps you. I not can you help me setting the right settings so I can give you more feedback?

Concerning the Poll, maybe its possible to hide/unhide MPT on the small screen? But a poll with usefull options is great....

Tia John

Attachments

• error.zip
      30.6 KB

mtjoernelund

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Probably just me, but I cannot get the icons for radio, tv, etc to work on my touchscreen. Have tried renaming the files both according to the name of the window, the label etc. Where can I find the right label? I am using streamedMP as skin and starting in basic home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, I have the same issue. I'm runnig Fidelity. Some icons appearing and some won't. I've checked / double checked the names and they are exactly the same.

I'm in for help also ;-).

John

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, I have the same issue. I'm runnig Fidelity. Some icons appearing and some won't. I've checked / double checked the names and they are exactly the same.

I'm in for help also ;-).

John

Try looking in BasicHome.xml for the button names , All skin basic homes are different and i've tried to make it as compatible as possible,

The label you see on your basic home may not be the actual button name(hope that makes sense)

Sa

PS: if you are having problems with the Dll on page 10 it is not tested was just a TV server test so there will be problems with it.
    So if you are using that dll dont post problems as it will get confusing

mtjoernelund

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Now I have been looking a lot at my Basichome.xml and I just can't seem to find the correct button names. Anyone with a pointer as to how the code should look where the button name is? All I seem to find is a lot of Labels...

Any pointers anyone?

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Now I have been looking a lot at my Basichome.xml and I just can't seem to find the correct button names. Anyone with a pointer as to how the code should look where the button name is? All I seem to find is a lot of Labels...

Any pointers anyone?

A Button control should look like this

Code:
    <control>
            <description>Video</description>    
            <type>button</type>            **Type of control**          
            <id>2</id>                                    
            <posX>60</posX>                         
            <posY>97</posY>                          
            <label>My Video</label>       **This is the name you want**
            <textcolor>ffffffff</textcolor>                
            <onleft>6</onleft>
            <onright>6</onright>
            <onup>4</onup>
            <ondown>3</ondown>
         </control>

In some skins there is no button label as they use label controls (<label>-</label> ), if this is the case just add a name and label your thumbnail accordingly.
    This may also pose a another problem that you will end up with random labels appearing on you basichome where the invisible button is (Confused Yet) if that happens try setting <textcolor> to <textcolor>00ffffff</textcolor> this will make the text transparent

Really hope that makes sense

Good luck Sa

PS: Fell free to post your basic home here and i can sort out for you:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom