My Anime plugin (1 Viewer)

Zelgadis

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
My Anime is (well... will be) a plugin to catalog and view your entire anime collection that's spreaded among numerous cds and dvds.
Quoting myself from this post,

The idea is to have a database and catalog, and have the series grouped, including all movies, OVAs and episodes on a series.
The idea is to have your entire collection, no matter where your files are, in the listings on MP, and when you select an episode or anything, MyAnime tries to find your file, if its in a hard drive, plays it, otherwise, asks you for the correct CD or DVD where the file is located.

Please post any comments and ideas you may come up with.

The project can search on an anime title and show the results with their links and
get the basic information of a series from animenfo.com
This weekend i plan on finishing the characters and seiyuus parsing and find a site where i can find the episodes (i think animenewsnetwork has them, i anyone knows another site with anime data, please let me know).

Zelgadis

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
Great! I didn't know that site :D

I'll see what can i get form it :D

Status update: Finished parsing on the animenfo info page, i started with the database, i'll check the MP sources to learn how to use SQLite from .NET

Zelgadis

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
Status Update 10/21/06

Well... this week was a bit slow, been really busy at work.... but i have already figured out the database system, and i'm currently finishing writing the class to save all the parsed data.

In the meantime, I'll leave you a screenshot of the data i parsed for Naruto from animenfo

Scoobsheister

Portal Pro
June 21, 2006
looking good, does animenfo have an episode guide with episode descriptions? tv.com has a brief desription for each episode.

it's not vital but it would be nice

Zelgadis

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
No, animenfo have some, but as it seems to be contributions from users, it's kinnda erratic, some episodes aren't there, some are repeated, can't get much from animenfo episode-wise.. but my original plans include getting episode titles from animenewsnetwork, they have episode names even in japanese for some series...

Now, descriptions... i already designed the db to support it... but i can't find a site with chapter descriptions... so atm, that's not possible

Zelgadis

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
Status update 11/1/06

Ok, the database is saving the parsed data and thumbs are saved were the're supposed to.

I'm writing the file name parser now, so if anyone can send me some filenames in your anime collection (just one for each format will be enough, by format i mean the way ther're named, for example: [DB]Naruto 92[EA23BC3][Eng subs].avi , Slayers - ep23.avi, etc) so that i can test the parser and cover more naming conventions.

PM me for sending filenames.

Thanks

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I collect alot of Anime and have alot of My Hdd on My media center pc, so this will defintley come in handy will it be available? AniDB is defintley a great site :)

Zelgadis

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
About when it will be ready.. well, depends mostly on my free time... right now besides working full time, i'm trying to finish college, studying for my finals, so that doesn't leave me much. I'll keep reporting the progress in this thread.

By the way, i finished the file name parser... as i didn't get any PM's with filenames to try, i only tested it with my files... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom