My Dreambox Plugin (1 Viewer)

Freebuster

November 7, 2006
Use the svn public build (not just the normal install, it is not supported)
Ok, I 'll try that this week-end. Thanks...

Edit : I try with svn and now it works... Thanks again...

GaryW

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Houten (Utrecht)
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TV cards

Does anyone of you use an MP supported TV card which has a s-video or composite video in port?

spetrov

November 12, 2006
    I use external Hauppauge 250 USB2 box with both s-viedo and composite input to watch my Dreambox500S in MP.
    Please, I need spec where to put all the files of your plugin, I didn't find more detailed instructions haw to install it properly. I tried as I thought is right but I only change channels, no picture, only that road sign.

pannivas

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    i have test the Hauppauge 500 MCE with the dreambox plugin and its working just fine.

I connected a scart out from dreambox to a composite in on my tv card but the colors are not as vivid as with my antenna connection from dreambox to tv. Any ideas how i can fix this?
    I have tried MPV Decoder, NVIDIA PureVideo and Cyberlink decoders.

Also the EPG dosen't seem to show anything atm.

thanks

Mattis

November 6, 2006
    Same problems with the plugin as many others...

Hi!

I have the same problems with the plugin as many others in this forum has had.
    I get the same message in the log as pannivas had:
    System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MediaPortal.Util.Config' from assembly 'Core, Version=1.0.2414.28932, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I don't get anywhere when i click on "My Dreambox" in the home menu...
    I understand that this is a older version but I have tried Mediaportal 0.2 + the stable svn 0.2.0.4 and the 0.2.1 version without any luck... It always gives the same error and the same "core version" (1.0.2414.28932) wich seems a bit weird!?

Exactly wich version of Mediaportal do I need (and wich svn build)?

I have noticed that Gary W has helped a lot of people here and they have got it to work. So, is there any chance that you Gary W could share some tips here in the forum for us others too?

I have the latest Gemini image on my Dreambox 500-C (Enigma webinterface), and the plugin version from 28.11.2006. The vlc version is 0.8.5.

Best regards, Mattis

aquasat

December 1, 2006
    Nice plugin, it worked within 5 minutes.

I have a dreambox 500s and the quality of the stream is not so good (horizontal lines are often visible). Can I change the quality?
    Is the streaming quality better with a 7020?

Switching chanels gives often problems, I then need to switchoff and on the TV AAN/UIT button in the plugin.

Maybe a bit off topic but are there sat tuner cards available that work with mediaportal and where I can use my INTERNAL (inhouse dreambox to dreambox) CCCam share.

kaisersose

Portal Member
    December 1, 2006
    I just noticed this thread and saw that you mentioned timers in the first post. Anyways i just posted in the epg section here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?p=94879#post94879

Basically a pc program called epg center (not free) and a python script on xbmc (doesnt seem to work anymore probably due to changes in images etc) let you setup timers on dreambox with xmltv etc. Dont know if you have any plans to do anything similar but hopefully its of some use to you.

aquasat

Dreambox 500s has a streaming bug i think are dream multimedia are not going to fix it.

Kaki

Portal Member
    October 21, 2006
    I use external Hauppauge 250 USB2 box with both s-viedo and composite input to watch my Dreambox500S in MP.
    Please, I need spec where to put all the files of your plugin, I didn't find more detailed instructions haw to install it properly. I tried as I thought is right but I only change channels, no picture, only that road sign.

May I aske: Are you able to control your Dreambox with the MP (MCE?) remote through Myblast plug-in?

moullas

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2005
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    Hi there
    I have everything working fine with the plugin.
    However, i have a 16:9 tv, and the stream from my provider is 4:3.
    When i view via the tv the dbox stretches the stream automatically.

Is there a way to do it from this plugin, to stretch the picture to the full screen resolution instead of the default incoming stream??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom