My Films 5.1 not displaying comments and description on some movies (1 Viewer)

MPnut

Portal Member
November 26, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know why some movies in my db wont display text in the comments and description sections through 'my films 5' Using Ant Movie Cat and all relevant fields have text in them.

Got Mp 1.2 with Latest Streamed MP. Tried reverting back to DefaultWide and everything seems to be displaying fine thus making me think its a conflict with streamedmp.

Any Help appreciated - Cheers in advance

Jono25

Portal Member
August 2, 2010
Home Country
Im also using Streamed MP and whilst some details do show not all do . For example the year is missing from Overview page . Not sure why but assume its something to do with StreamedMP .I certainly get nothing like the very nice look that is shown on the WIKI pages as Overview page.

MPnut

Portal Member
November 26, 2011
Home Country
Can you upload your db?

Thanks for you speedy reply z3us

Sorry i'm not sure what you mean by upload. But if you mean can myfilms read database from ant catalogue then yes it can. It just wont display the comments and description on some movies with the data in ants cat whilst on others it will.

Ive had similar problem with the actors field too but that seems intermitent.

* Also noticed that whilst importing new database with 20 movies the AMC updater grabs everything but the comments . Tried again to add comments via Ants Movie catalogue scraper and still the changes do not display in my films.

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Can you upload your db?

Sorry i'm not sure what you mean by upload. But if you mean can myfilms read database from ant catalogue then yes it can. It just wont display the comments and description on some movies with the data in ants cat whilst on others it will.
I´m asking you to upload your db to the forum as attached file so I can test it. Also say some examples of films in that db with that issue.

MPnut

Portal Member
November 26, 2011
Home Country
Can you upload your db?

I´m asking you to upload your db to the forum as attached file so I can test it. Also say some examples of films in that db with that issue.

:oops:

Ah, right...

Anyway this is about a quarter of my collection. For example all the aliens trilogy displays comments but 1408, 300, 127 hours and 21 grams doesnt. There are more examples that do and dont display comment but I guess if theres flaws in there you will probably notice.

As I said in last post I created a new 20 movie catalogue for testing purposes but the IMDB script grabber in AMC wont retrieve comments for the movies now. Not sure if it as something to do with this because I returned allconfig back to its default settings first.

Thx

View attachment Movie Catalogue.xml

MPnut

Portal Member
November 26, 2011
Home Country
Im also using Streamed MP and whilst some details do show not all do . For example the year is missing from Overview page . Not sure why but assume its something to do with StreamedMP .I certainly get nothing like the very nice look that is shown on the WIKI pages as Overview page.

Yes, I think there is still issues with myfilms and streamedmp. Zeus said he would kindly check my database and in the meantime Im going to try downloading another skin to see if there is any difference. So will let you know how I get on.

On the other hand I can't find any other posts from people having these issues so who knows..

*Update* Tried Avalon HD and Description, Comments, And Technical Data all Displayed. But this time the Actors data was missing, instead the message Myfilms.db.actors.actor1.actors message was shown for all entries. It seems like the only skin showing all fields from myfilms is default and default wide .

MPnut

Portal Member
November 26, 2011
Home Country
I tested and confirmed your issue. But Im not able to fix it, sorry, hope Guzzi can help you

Ok and thanks for your help z3us, It would be great to get this issue sorted.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: My Films 5.1 not displaying comments and description on some movies

*Update* Tried Avalon HD and Description, Comments, And Technical Data all Displayed. But this time the Actors data was missing, instead the message Myfilms.db.actors.actor1.actors message was shown for all entries. It seems like the only skin showing all fields from myfilms is default and default wide .
    Latest versions of Avalon are already updated to newer MyFilms actors features - you might talk to Nico to get the version for public MyFilms version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom