My Films 5.1 not displaying comments and description on some movies (1 Viewer)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: My Films 5.1 not displaying comments and description on some movies

I tested and confirmed your issue. But Im not able to fix it, sorry, hope Guzzi can help you
    I don't have latest StreamedMP installed - so will first have to do to test.
    So to understand correctly: You do miss information that does display properly in other skin (e.g. default), right?
    You're not talking about the settings of userdefined properties missing? (As those are use for main page display).
    Where exactly is info missing - in main view or in details view?

MPnut

Portal Member
    November 26, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: Re: My Films 5.1 not displaying comments and description on some movies

I tested and confirmed your issue. But Im not able to fix it, sorry, hope Guzzi can help you
    So to understand correctly: You do miss information that does display properly in other skin (e.g. default), right?
    You're not talking about the settings of userdefined properties missing? (As those are use for main page display).

Hi Guzzi,

With Latest StreamedMp:

Whats actually happening is the comments field that are filled and displayed in ants cat, are not displaying through my films. Its not the case on all films as some entries do display comments.

With Latest Avalon:

Changed skin to Avalon and all comments appear but the actors are missing

With Default Wide:

All description, comments, and actors are displayed.

Just a thought but noticed that Amc not grabbing comments when I add movies any more. So thinking that when I use ants cat to scrape them instead, then maybe this is a reason why they don't display through Myfilms. Is there any options in config to get this working again or could it be I have to update grabber scripts. Was looking for a way to update them but couldnt find any mention of it.

Going to try Eax Cat later as maybe thinking its a glitch with Ants Cat.

*UPDATE* Tried creating database with 20 random movies using eax and still having the same problem.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: AW: Re: My Films 5.1 not displaying comments and description on some movies

Hi Guzzi,

With Latest StreamedMp:

Whats actually happening is the comments field that are filled and displayed in ants cat, are not displaying through my films. Its not the case on all films as some entries do display comments.

With Latest Avalon:

With Default Wide:

Just a thought but noticed that Amc not grabbing comments when I add movies any more. So thinking that when I use ants cat to scrape them instead, then maybe this is a reason why they don't display through Myfilms. Is there any options in config to get this working again or could it be I have to update grabber scripts. Was looking for a way to update them but couldnt find any mention of it.

*UPDATE* Tried creating database with 20 random movies using eax and still having the same problem.
    Hi MPnut,
    if you do have comments in your catalog and they show in default skin, then it is unrelated to AMC.
    I checked your catalog with StreamedMP skin and can confirm, that comments are not shown for some movies - but: If you wait some time, they show up.
    StreamedMP uses a scroll-delay of 10 seconds - and I assume, that whenever the comments are longer than the field (and thus requiring scrolling), that problem occurs.
    Might be possible, that it is a bug in the GUI element - but best would be to report that issue in StreamedMP forum - maybe ltfearme can have a look into it.

MPnut

Portal Member
    November 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: My Films 5.1 not displaying comments and description on some movi

Hi Guzzi,

With Latest StreamedMp:

With Latest Avalon:

With Default Wide:

Hi MPnut,
    if you do have comments in your catalog and they show in default skin, then it is unrelated to AMC.
    I checked your catalog with StreamedMP skin and can confirm, that comments are not shown for some movies - but: If you wait some time, they show up.
    StreamedMP uses a scroll-delay of 10 seconds - and I assume, that whenever the comments are longer than the field (and thus requiring scrolling), that problem occurs.
    Might be possible, that it is a bug in the GUI element - but best would be to report that issue in StreamedMP forum - maybe ltfearme can have a look into it.

Ok. Thanks for looking into this for me and of course for your great work on this fantastic plug in. Still don't understand why Amc wont scrape the comments from imdb or other sites but gonna have another mess. As for this issue and where I go with it, then yes I will post in the streamedmp section.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi mpnut - comments might depend on which grabber script you are using. For example IMDB (default for UK IIRC) does NOT grab Comments as it is meant to be a 'quick' grabber. IMDB-Full grabs everything. Wen you change grabbers on the Internet Grabbing tab in Setup, then normally AMCU and thus Global Updates/imports in GUI will use the new grabber. However, check to be sure you did not change the grabber in AMCU settings and save it (it displays on the Import Movies tab in AMCU).

Not all sites provide Comments, however if you use IMDB-Full (or use it as a base for your own custom grabber) you should get them from IMDB if they exist for the movie.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Dadeo, you didn't understand the issue. The comments were grabbed, they are in the amc file. The problem is that not displayed in mp

MPnut

Portal Member
    November 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi mpnut - comments might depend on which grabber script you are using. For example IMDB (default for UK IIRC) does NOT grab Comments as it is meant to be a 'quick' grabber. IMDB-Full grabs everything. Wen you change grabbers on the Internet Grabbing tab in Setup, then normally AMCU and thus Global Updates/imports in GUI will use the new grabber. However, check to be sure you did not change the grabber in AMCU settings and save it (it displays on the Import Movies tab in AMCU).

Not all sites provide Comments, however if you use IMDB-Full (or use it as a base for your own custom grabber) you should get them from IMDB if they exist for the movie.

Hi Dadeo,

Thx for your reply.

Ive tried all different scripts using the Myfilms Grabber, and even the Imdb-Full script doesn't grab the comments with AMC. I get description and everything else but thats it. Its as though the comments got disabled somehow. Ive tried completely uninstalling mp & all plugins and then reinstalling everything with no difference so rather puzzled now. The only way I can get comments in my database is if I grab them using the grabber in ants catalogue .

The problem is when I do add comments this way they don't display on all entries through my films unless reverting back to the default wide skin. I know it looks like a issue with streamedmp but it still really doesn't answer the question of why myfilms that used to grab comments now no longer will.

Any ideas?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: My Films 5.1 not displaying comments and description on some movies

... please check your settings in AMCupdater, comments must be enabled on "database fields" tab, if they're disabled, they will never be imported, regardless of the scripts abilities. Or post your current AMCupdater config file, so we can check it.

MPnut

Portal Member
    November 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Re: AW: My Films 5.1 not displaying comments and description on some movies

... please check your settings in AMCupdater, comments must be enabled on "database fields" tab, if they're disabled, they will never be imported, regardless of the scripts abilities. Or post your current AMCupdater config file, so we can check it.

Hi Guzzi, Yeah everything switched on in the 'database fields' tab. Did a clean install of MP, Codecs and all -Plugins last night which didn't make any difference. Strange really because Amc was grabbing comments when i first installed Myfilms.

*Update* Managed to sort it. I just uninstalled myfilms, deleted some grabber references in the registry and then reinstalled. Working again now but it still made no difference to displaying info in my films with streamedmp..

Is there anything that can be done about that issue. If ltfearme is right shouldn't a Mp Bug report be raised. Would be a shame for the most popular skins not to be able display the information that your superb plugin scrapes.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: AW: My Films 5.1 not displaying comments and description on some movies

Hi Guzzi, Yeah everything switched on in the 'database fields' tab. Did a clean install of MP, Codecs and all -Plugins last night which didn't make any difference. Strange really because Amc was grabbing comments when i first installed Myfilms.

*Update* Managed to sort it. I just uninstalled myfilms, deleted some grabber references in the registry and then reinstalled. Working again now but it still made no difference to displaying info in my films with streamedmp..
    Great you solved it - can you tell what you deleted in registry - as I still don't understand what was the issue - might be worth to either fix it or at least add a FAQ entry if others run in that situation...
    Is there anything that can be done about that issue. If ltfearme is right shouldn't a Mp Bug report be raised. Would be a shame for the most popular skins not to be able display the information that your superb plugin scrapes.
    Indeed, that is an annoying thing. I asked ltfearme to speak with silentexception about it. He just created a patch dealing with font problems here. As far as I understand it right now, it is a font problem - and either requires using another font or applying changes to avoid certain characters, that some fonts do not properly support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom