Netflix Manager (Updated 02/10/07) (2 Viewers)

ckaneko

October 20, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am also installing for the first time and having the same problem as Jamie. I've gotten my Shopper ID and Cookie ID from both FF and IE and neither seem to be working for me The Queue does not show up, nor does a recommended list. The odd thing is that if I take the rss url from netflix i can create my own queue in browse, but that doesn't really solve the problem. The Shopper ID is a 6 digit number, does it matter if you do or do not include the space in the middle? I'm currently running 0.2.3 RC3, XP SP2, IE 6, WMP 10. I've read through the entire thread and must just be missing something or doing something boneheaded, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Calen

Jduchow

Portal Member
October 18, 2007
I reloaded the netflix plug-in and it is now working with limited functions. The search and view now functions don't appear to be working with 2.3.3. I am going to go back to 2.2 and give it another try.

Jamie

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
The Netflix site seems to be running REALLY slow tonight, so I'm wondering if that is part of the issue.

However, after checking, my Netflix shopper ID is much longer than 6 characters, more like 20-30.

Problems that you are seeing usually mean that your cookie is incorrect. It does change from time to time.

Doug

ckaneko

October 20, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I tried reloading the plugin with no success. I think I'll try reloading MP and seeing if that helps. As for the IDs this is probably where my confusion is coming from. The Shopper ID in the configuration is the 6 digit number from the Netflix website (where it's referred to as Customer ID and, i just noticed, has changed on me again)? The Cookie ID in the configuration is the really long alpha-numeric NetflixShopperID from the cookie? I'll also try deleting the cookie and getting a new one from netflix. Would my version of IE matter?

Calen

Ok, so ithat solved one problem, i did have the wrong number for the Shopper ID. The queue and recommendations, etc all show up just fine now. Watch Now works for the most part, i can get into Full Screen mode with the info button but cannot get back out of it. Trailers don't work but i recall reading that this was a known issue. Thank you and Hobbes for all your hard work on this, it's a great plugin.

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
The shopperID can be found by looking at http://www.netflix.com/RSSFeeds when you are logged in.

Your Queue is found at http://rss.netflix.com/QueueRSS?id={ShopperID}

The entire string after the id= is your shopper ID.

If you want to use the play now feature, I would suggest you use the cookie from IE.

Doug

Jduchow

Portal Member
October 18, 2007
Hey Doug,

I have a couple of questions for you. I notice that every time I sign into netflix I get a new cookie ID. Is this normal and is it a problem. I am still having some problems with getting everything to work correctly.

Working
Queue
Browse
Award Winners

Not Working
Recommendations - states "no recommendations at this time"
Search - when I enter a title, a search box appears but no movie titles ever appear
Play Now Queue - nothing happens when selecting any of the 3 sub menues
Play Now Status - shows no info

Thanks,

Jamie

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
The Netflix Shopper ID should not be changing. Make sure you are using the correct value.

From the netflix cookie file (username@netflix.txt) you will see the following:

NetflixShopperIdPXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The PXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.... is the shopperID.

Doug

Jduchow

Portal Member
October 18, 2007
Doug,

That is the value I have been using and yes it changes everytime I sign into the netflix webpage. Do you think this is the problem i'm experiencing with the items not working or is it somthing else?

Jamie

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
Do you have to log in every time you visit the Netflix page? It sounds like you might be blocking or deleting the cookie, making it generate a new one.

The behavior you describe is exactly what you will see when the cookie is incorrect.

Doug

lifterus

Portal Member
July 6, 2007
Thanks, I see that now. But it looks like Doug is using some kind of mouse click emulation, which isn't hitting the mark for me because I run 1920x1080.

I can't run 1920x1080 here.

Can you send me a screen shot of the screen when the "full screen" icon is shown. Hit "Print Screen" and then paste into any image editor.

Thanks,
Doug

Haven't checked here in a while. Sorry. My wireless keyboard doesn't have print screen. Can't you just resize a 720p screenshot to 1920x1080?

FYI, the "Full screen" button is a targetable child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom