Netflix Manager (Updated 02/10/07) (1 Viewer)

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
For instance, I have "Conversations with Other Women" in my Netflix que. In my que it doesn't show the option of Watch Now. If I actually do a search withing Netflix Manager for it, it finds it and it shows the asterisk.

It would be fantastic to have a Watch Now menu, since I suppose for many this would be the main reason to browse Netflix within MP. For example, the Watch Now submenu could contain Thrillers, Documentaries, TV Series, etc., then we can browse, select and play, all with the remote:)

The asterisks are not shown in your regular queue listing due to the way it would have to be retrieved.

Instead goto "Watch Now" and select DVD Queue. That should show them.

Thanks,
Doug

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
New netflixmanager

I have added the ability to browse by Genre. You can select the specific genre(s) you want to list by changing the configuration.

In the configuration, place the name of the Genre (i.e. SciFi & Fantasy) in the left box, and the URL for it in the right (i.e. http://www.netflix.com/WatchNowGenre?genreId=373), then click Add

I also made the remove work for the RSS feeds as well.

Source code updated to version 1089. dll file attached to this message.

MacMini

Portal Pro
May 16, 2006
Doug, THANKS!

The Genre browsing is the icing on the cake:)

It was my bad, I hadn't even seen the Watch Now menu, since I use Monochrome 0.6 (very cool skin,) and it contained an apparently old xml Netflix file. I replaced it with lifterus' skin file from p.19 and now everything works, even if the graphics are a little out of whack (I am on 1080p). I can't seem to be able to go full screen with the remote, but I'll live...:))) I believe the Monochrome author is updating it based on Blue2, so it should work perfectly soon, hopefully.

P.S. Just a suggestion (don't mean to stick my nose in places I shouldn't,) but perhaps the recent update should be posted as a new version in the Downloads section.

There have been some very significant changes and added functionality, but I have the feeling many may be unaware that this plug exists, since all these great updates are spread around a fairly longish thread.

Thanks again.

RogueLegend

Portal Member
March 12, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This is an awesome plugin. I just installed it to manage my Netflix list, and enabling the watch now feature is excellent.

My one question is this, I downloaded the latest DLL, installed it, and put in a few genre's with links. However, when I run MP, I don't see the Genre browsing anywhere. Am I missing something?

Other than that, I'm going to throw in my thanks with the rest, Doug. This was definitely an excellent plugin. I might considering making an addition or two if I can get my hands on the source. Theres one more feature I'd like to have- the ability to manage multiple Queues under a single account.

lifterus

Portal Member
July 6, 2007
Wanted to chime in and say that I've been using this plugin for several months now. I use it all the time and it is my preferred way to watch movies. I use it more than I watch DVDs. I even have HBO, Showtime, and Starz On Demand. And I use this more. It's a total gem.

Netflix just announced a future STB from LG. Who knows when that will be around or what it will cost. Right now, this is the ONLY decent method for using Netflix Watch Now on you television.

prototask

Portal Member
January 11, 2008
Home Country
I switched to MP because of the prospect of this plug-in. After installation I can see movie in my queue but when I click Watch Now the queue list disappears and nothing happens. When I do a search for any movie a dialog quickly pops up stating that nothing was found and then disappears. I'm using MP 2.3, what am I doing wrong?

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
I switched to MP because of the prospect of this plug-in. After installation I can see movie in my queue but when I click Watch Now the queue list disappears and nothing happens. When I do a search for any movie a dialog quickly pops up stating that nothing was found and then disappears. I'm using MP 2.3, what am I doing wrong?

Make sure that you have correct NetflixID from your cookie file (the IE one) in the configuration.

I understand Netflix made some changes this week. I'll need to test and make sure everything works.

However, this sounds like the problem of not having the right netflixID in your config.

prototask

Portal Member
January 11, 2008
Home Country
I was using the NetflixID from the cookie file from Firefox not IE. Switched to IE cookie file and it works great now. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

One more question, once Watch Now is running how do I close it? Had to use Alt-F4 and kill MediaPortal, I know there is a better way.

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
I was using the NetflixID from the cookie file from Firefox not IE. Switched to IE cookie file and it works great now. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

One more question, once Watch Now is running how do I close it? Had to use Alt-F4 and kill MediaPortal, I know there is a better way.

Just hit whatever you use for your back key in MP. Or, use the stop key.

Doug

bozer

January 18, 2008
Anyone been able to get this working with Windows Vista? I get a generic error right after the install process. When you hit configure it pops up and its game over

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom