Netflix plugin (NetflixAlpha) (1 Viewer)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Nah it's unchecked. Also pause and play work just fine. So not sure what it could be. Do you happen to have a work around I might be able to try?

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
October 24, 2007
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I tried again and it worked!
There is one glitch.
The player doesnt know, whether playing of movie already started or not, so, all controlls starts working after first pause (that is when player binds to netflix web controll).

MCE remote is remote I tuned player with, so there shouldnt be a problem.
There is also possiblity to inlcude fast forwarding with picture preview, I had it in some testing build..

Cheers!

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
Yeah, I figured that out I had to pause it first lol actually when going through the frames to by pass say an intro of a series I get the preview windows if that's what you mean?

Jerry Dominik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    I have a problem that started Friday and got worse. After I load my instant Queue and select a TV show. Netfixalpha plugin starts to load the seasons. At the end I get an error Length cannot be less than zero . It happens on all my shows in my instant queue. I unlinked my account and relinked it, did't help. Re installed version 0.1.2.0 still the same problem. I have attached the log for Netfixalpha
    Thanks

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    I have a problem that started Friday and got worse. After I load my instant Queue and select a TV show. Netfixalpha plugin starts to load the seasons. At the end I get an error Length cannot be less than zero . It happens on all my shows in my instant queue. I unlinked my account and relinked it, did't help. Re installed version 0.1.2.0 still the same problem. I have attached the log for Netfixalpha
    Thanks
    Hi!
    Iam aware of this problem and already working on solution.
    The problem is caused by changes in netflix api.
    They changed catalog title names, which were used to derive season name.

I will post fix soon, already testing development version.
    Pavel

EDIT Please fetch new version in first post and let me know!

Last edited:

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks
    Hi!

Pavel

Cool! I tried it out briefly... I'm supposed to be working, after all :)

Where it used to die listing seasons for Top Gear (UK), it now successfully gets all seasons... well, all seasons that the API sees... the fact that the API doesn't see all seasons is another problem altogether :)

Thanks for the update.

Cheers.

Geoff

reverson1

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2006
    Williamsburg,VA
    Home Country
    Let me start by saying I don't know where you are getting your data from. With that said, from my experience with the netflix api, the api's information varies substantially from the downloadable catalog (xml).

Jerry Dominik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks for the quick update. This fixed all my problems, everything now working.

Thanks again
    Jerry

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks
    Hi!

Pavel

Cool! I tried it out briefly... I'm supposed to be working, after all :)

Where it used to die listing seasons for Top Gear (UK), it now successfully gets all seasons... well, all seasons that the API sees... the fact that the API doesn't see all seasons is another problem altogether :)

Thanks for the update.

Cheers.

Geoff

Hi Geoff.
    Yeah inconsistency of API and offline catalogue sucks.
    Iam working on feature to resolve seasons using NetflixAlphaWebServices but its more demanding than I initialy though.
    I had to refator some plugin internals to achieve that.

As to reverson,
    You are right.
    If you are familiar with structure, there were three title names in title tag. One of which was full episode name including season name.
    This data are gone and the fields are sometime truncated.

I used to use these fields to extract season name.
    This had to change.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom