New Netflix Plugin (2 Viewers)

zjmayer

April 25, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
aherbjornsen,
I had the same problem until I used the hosts file work around, mentioned in post #106 above by JamesLynden.

noworries

Portal Member
June 17, 2011
Home Country
Wales Wales
Am I losing the plot??

Have downloaded the plugin from the downloads page but there is no MPE1 installer in the download, it describes this as being the way to install it in the instructions??

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
Good call, maso. I got it to work by adding the IP for api-public.netflix.com in my hosts file for api.netflix.com. In other words, I added the following line to C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts:

Code:
64.94.14.22 api.netflix.com

Now I'm authorized! Clearly the permanent approach is to change the URL the plugin uses, but as a quick fix, this ought to do...

I've completed this, but still it is not authorizing.... I'm not sure what the issue is. Anyone?

Nybbe67

Portal Pro
December 28, 2007
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Am I losing the plot??

Have downloaded the plugin from the downloads page but there is no MPE1 installer in the download, it describes this as being the way to install it in the instructions??

Same here, is it something wrong with the package? Is it compatible with 1.3.0 beta? I would luuuv this! :)

Wolen

Portal Pro
May 27, 2008
Home Country
I get the green light of authorization, but when i click OK an error appears, it says "Could not find a part of the path: C:\ProgramData\... and points to the media portal netflix.xml file.. Could it be because i have mediaportal and all plugins on D: instead of C: in a multiboot windows setup??? Note: i tried creating folders and copyed the xml file to the C: , but then another error saying it´s being used by another process?? I also get error if i don´t touch the authorization page but try to change the plugin name and then click ok.. Any thoughts?? I have WinXP SP3, mediaportal 1.2.3
I'm getting the same error, running Windows XP SP3 MediaPortal 1.2.3

Knobby

Portal Pro
February 21, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I get the green light of authorization, but when i click OK an error appears, it says "Could not find a part of the path: C:\ProgramData\... and points to the media portal netflix.xml file.. Could it be because i have mediaportal and all plugins on D: instead of C: in a multiboot windows setup??? Note: i tried creating folders and copyed the xml file to the C: , but then another error saying it´s being used by another process?? I also get error if i don´t touch the authorization page but try to change the plugin name and then click ok.. Any thoughts?? I have WinXP SP3, mediaportal 1.2.3
I'm getting the same error, running Windows XP SP3 MediaPortal 1.2.3

I get this too. If I ignore it and run MP then try to access Netflix I get a black screen with a long path saying that NetflixSkin.xml is missing.
I'm running XP Pro SP3, MP 1.2.3 with Defaultwide skin.

juhani.gynther

May 16, 2012
Home Country
Finland Finland
I get the green light of authorization also, but when i click OK an following error appears

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character.
at System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.InvalidXmlChar(Int32 ch, Byte* pDst, Boolean entitize)
:unsure:
I'm running MediaPortal 1.2.3.0 and 1.2.1.0 on two different WinXP SP3 systems

Last edited:

charettepa

Portal Pro
April 2, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
how do you get this to work in mp 1.3 beta?[DOUBLEPOST=1358092289][/DOUBLEPOST]when i try to authorize in mp configuration
the netflix authorize screen pops up
then as soon as i click anywhere in the window
it says you are not allowed to launch the authorisation outside of mediaportal folder
and the only option is ok
which then closes everything

this happens everytime

here is the exact error

failed to locate assembly 'Microsoft.mshtml, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the mediaportal folder

i have found the same error posted for other MP plugins
mostly from 2009-2011
the issue in all cases appeared to be that the app was not up to date with mediaportal

would it be possible to get an update for 1.3 beta?

Last edited:

jocke4u

Portal Member
October 26, 2011
I am very interested to have Netflix working in MediaPortal (currently 1.2.3).
Is this plugin the one, where development is active and somewhat working? (hopefully I can participate in development)
Note: I live in Sweden so working swedish Netflix

Also as mentioned in the thread, I am also looking for a plugin for ViaPlay. Any idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom