New Netflix Plugin (1 Viewer)

DFergATL

Portal Member
September 21, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well I managed to get it to install and even autorize. but now when I start MP I can't find "netflix" anywhere. Where the heck is in there?

charettepa

Portal Pro
April 2, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
it should be there
make sure the plugin is enabled
and verify if its set to work in home or plugin
however it does not have any mp 1.3 skin files
so all you get is a black screen

if for some reason you are not on 1.3 it should work

DFergATL

Portal Member
September 21, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Home Country
I am on 1.3. Netflix is the only thing that is keeping me from moving to Media Portal and getting rid of tivo. I hope that someone can take up development.

Chris Murrell

Portal Member
March 8, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am getting the exact same error. i so with this plugin would work

how do you get this to work in mp 1.3 beta?[DOUBLEPOST=1358092289][/DOUBLEPOST]when i try to authorize in mp configuration
the netflix authorize screen pops up
then as soon as i click anywhere in the window
it says you are not allowed to launch the authorisation outside of mediaportal folder
and the only option is ok
which then closes everything

this happens everytime

here is the exact error

failed to locate assembly 'Microsoft.mshtml, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the mediaportal folder

i have found the same error posted for other MP plugins
mostly from 2009-2011
the issue in all cases appeared to be that the app was not up to date with mediaportal

would it be possible to get an update for 1.3 beta?

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    I am on 1.3. Netflix is the only thing that is keeping me from moving to Media Portal and getting rid of tivo. I hope that someone can take up development.

Have you taken a look at Tube+ within Online Videos......IMO, it's just as good (if not better) than Netflix......and it's free!

Time to get rid of that Tivo......I got rid of mine a long time ago......not worth the money.

DFergATL

Portal Member
    September 21, 2012
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Home Country

Have you taken a look at Tube+ within Online Videos......IMO, it's just as good (if not better) than Netflix......and it's free!

Time to get rid of that Tivo......I got rid of mine a long time ago......not worth the money.

I can't see anything in "online videos' that says "tube+" need more direction

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    ......I can't see anything in "online videos' that says "tube+" need more direction......

Online Videos ver 1.5.0.0 should list Tube+ under the English language entries.

There's nothing to configure...so it should show by default.

Screenshot_5.png......Screenshot_6.png......Screenshot_7.png......Screenshot_8.png

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2009
    Home Country

This is the first time I've heard of Tube+, so I looked it up and it appears to be highly questionable from a legality standpoint (at least in the USA). So, for those who care, tread with caution.

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country

This is the first time I've heard of Tube+, so I looked it up and it appears to be highly questionable from a legality standpoint (at least in the USA). So, for those who care, tread with caution.

FYI...I neither condone or endorse any kind of "questionable" websites...all I know is that it is included in Online Videos for everyone to see along with more than well over 100 other websites and maintained by the author...maybe you should take your concerns up with them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom