[New Plugin] Atmolight Process Plugin **Update 25.05.2010 V1.9** (2 Viewers)

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
October 29, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
attached the patched files for Mediaportal 1.2.1 final.
See my last post for instructions (the one above ;))

Attachments

• Atmowin_1.95_for_MP1.2.1_final.zip
    1.1 MB
  • Atmowin_1.95_for_MP1.2.1_final_fixed_channels.zip
    1.1 MB

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Want to add more supported protocols and features to this plugin, is the source downloadable somewhere or is it closed source?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Atmowin is limited to 5 channels by default with the atmolight protocol, would like to send it directly to a serial device and let the plugin calculate the zones en average colors.
    With digital leds this is easy and XBMC already has the DFatmo plugin which does something similar, also want to add features like when it's paused default to a specified color.
    Currently have a 256 channel ambilight setup working which works pretty good with movies/games but integrated into mediaportal would of course be nice :)
    The source of Atmowin is a bit messy and doesn't allow for easy modifications, looks like a lot of different people worked on it and as a result the code is inconsistent but that's just my first impression.

Merlyn

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [New Plugin] Atmolight Process Plugin **Update 25.05.2010 V1.9**

OK, I got my chinese LEDs and set up my own atmolight during the weekend. Here are some samples :

Test 1
    Test 2

I've played a short time with the Atmolight process plugin, but figured I dont need it. It would be a great addition, if it allowed to change the AtmoWin parameters without having to close MediaPortal, similar to how the VLC Filter does.

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The new files with patched core.dll for MediaPortal 1.2.2 FINAL.

attached TWO zips with all necessary files.

Atmowin_1.95_for_MP1.2.2_final.zip - with gemxs dll with mixed up channel mapping
    Atmowin_1.95_for_MP1.2.2_final_fixed_channels.zip - angie05s dll with fixed channel mapping (found here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tmolight-plugin-76173/index15.html#post740268 )

just extract the zip to your mediaportal directory or copy the files to the following directories:

1. modified core.dll for 1.2.2 in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\
    2. atmolight.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process
    3. AtmoDXUtil.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\
    4. Interop.AtmoWinRemoteControl.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process

Attachments

• Atmowin_1.95_for_MP1.2.2_final.zip
      1.1 MB
    • Atmowin_1.95_for_MP1.2.2_final_fixed_channels.zip
      1.1 MB

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The old 4 channel version did work, the new one doesn't list support for windows anymore.
    But i don't see why it shouldn't be supported, maybe you should ask carsten directly.
    But in my eyes 99€ just for an 8 channel board is too mch.

With a SEDU Board you can control up to 64 channels, and the price (with the more expensive leds included) should be simmilar.
    Besides the board you need special LED Stripes with individual controllable LEDs and a power supply (or you can wire your ATX-power to the LEDs).

LED-Studien Online Shop - SEDU-Board "Ambilight" V2 LED513
    They are shipping to europe for 17€, the shop is only in german i think.

I guess you would pay around (just a quick summary):
    40€ for the board
    84€ for 2m led stripes (42€ for each meter of the led stripes, each meter has 32 individual rgb leds). maybe you need more, depends on your TV size.
    15€ for a power supply - 20W/5V
    17€ shipping
    ----
    156€ :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom