No Audio/video error! (1 Viewer)

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Actually.. i noticed with someone i was trying to help ..

that if this flickering patch gives you some notification that KB941568 is broken ..

you probably have some illegal codec pack on your system installed (after fully updating windows) that replaces quartz.dll with an highly vulnerable version (to hackers that is)..

ill advise you to install 941568 first.. then the flickering one.. if you ahem .. do have some vague codecpack installed.. :D
    maybe that should be told in the installation requirements aswell .. or.. not.. since its illegal stuff mediaportal developers probably shouldnt adress this.. its for them to decide..

Download details: Security Update for Windows XP (KB941568)

or for you in dutch :p
    Downloadinformatie: KB941568: Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, thanks.
    My Vista x64 is official, i'm workingt now and can afford it :)
    But I do not want Vista on my MP system/ and server so my codec's are vague indeed hehe
    Still had XP from my student years...

LOL @ your sig...

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, thanks.
    My Vista x64 is official, i'm workingt now and can afford it :)
    But I do not want Vista on my MP system/ and server so my codec's are vague indeed hehe
    Still had XP from my student years...

LOL @ your sig...

in my opinion .. mediaportal seems to run easier on vista (with directx10) then with xp ..
    I did however disabled the aero interface.. since that is hooking on directx aswell .. we dont need that in fullscreen mediaportal .. ;)

Why shouldnt vista be an official version ..
    I also have everything official also .. x32 x64..
    got a beta/partner agreement with microsoft.. so i can run almost everything I want

Yesterday .. I started installing Windows 2008 (sp1 integrated) (dual boot , fallback to XP possible to stop the complaining girlfriend if it fails ;) ) and running Tvserver on it..
    will continue today with it, just want to find out if it works or not.. ;)

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    FYI Limp.. I have a floppyDTV with the firewire fix applied (I just double checked) and still see the odd powerevent in the tv.log file.. so I suspect they may occur for other reasons.

Cheers
    Ross

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom