NotificationBar (2 Viewers)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: NotificationBar

This plugin has nothing to do with the standard notification inside MePo. It's an extra plugin ?

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: NotificationBar

This plugin has nothing to do with the standard notification inside MePo. It's an extra plugin ?

yes, that's correct.

@GetWell:
    I had a look at the plugin when updating mpNZB and think it is really interesting but also a little tedious. It would be nice if we wouldn't need to reference the plugin and also have some nice and easy singleton-ish methods to show basic notifications. Something like MPNotificationBar.Info("This is a headline", "... and some more descriptive text"); :)

Also I think having a look at how notifications on Gnome/KDE are done could be worth it, those are really well thought systems.

Thanks a lot for your work!

GetWell

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    V0.8.0.0 released

I took Shukuyens word and simplified the creation/handling of notifications.

Example:
    MPNotificationBar.INotification notificationObject = MPNotificationBar.NotificationBarManager.AddNotification(_MyPluginID, "This is a test message!", MPNotificationBar.NotificationBarManager.Types.Information);

Changelog
    - Simplified notification creation
    - Changed skin for DefaultWide
    - Changed INotification
    - Changed to version 0.8.0.0
    - Fixed GUI animation

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: NotificationBar

Hello,

i use the skin streamedmp and i have isntalled your plugin. But i see nothing on my Homescreen. I use, many Plugins, for exsample windows update and so on...

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello,

i use the skin streamedmp and i have isntalled your plugin. But i see nothing on my Homescreen. I use, many Plugins, for exsample windows update and so on...

You also need a plugin that has support for MPNotificationBar built in. I don't think there are any available, yet.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hello,

You also need a plugin that has support for MPNotificationBar built in. I don't think there are any available, yet.

Hmmm, so this plugin isn't usable yet? To bad! Because it has a huge potential! :)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi ,
    i think the plugin only need to get info from "MediaPortal Extension " plugin and not from each plugin sepertly , for notfication on a new update evalible part..

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Is this dead forever? :(

It's a shame that GetWell hasn't continue with the plugin development, his idea was really good and with has a great potential, it could be a great universal plugin. No dev interested in having a look at the code? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom