NotificationBar (2 Viewers)

GetWell

Portal Pro
October 4, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi guys, Thanks for your interest :) Since my last post I got to close to get stress, so I had to pull the plug for some of all my daily projects. I am now on my way up again and have planned to start this plugin again.

As I tried to explain ealier this plugin has no built-in notifications and will therefore only work if other plugin developers integrates it. however my next approach will be to integrate some functionality in this plugin so it will work as default and then plugin developers can extent it :)

There will come a new version soon :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'd like to see utorrent notification on main home screen, telling me what speed torrents are going and how many active downloads.

EDIT: would also like notification telling my internet connection has died. ie / not being able to ping a couple of different servers for more than 30 seconds or something like that.

Last edited:

GetWell

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'd like to see utorrent notification on main home screen, telling me what speed torrents are going and how many active downloads.
    This sounds a little out of scope and more like a torrent plugin (of course a torrent plugin could use then MPNotification)

EDIT: would also like notification telling my internet connection has died. ie / not being able to ping a couple of different servers for more than 30 seconds or something like that.
    I could implement this (and will :) ) but maybe this should be a integrated part of MP? (some are using their icon/logo to tell if there are connection) :)

Last edited:

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

nice idea! Just a thought: Would it be possible to connect this to growl and/or eventghost to handle messages from the outside world? Could be added as a growl display. Don't know if this is the right place for messages gettin in or if this should be done elsewhere in mp... kiwijunglist's wishes could be handled like this as well.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    This sounds a little out of scope and more like a torrent plugin (of course a torrent plugin could use then MPNotification)
    I see only "Plugin example (outdated)" in MP wiki. If you could point me to actual guide I'll try to add this to MyTorrents plugin.

GetWell

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I see only "Plugin example (outdated)" in MP wiki. If you could point me to actual guide I'll try to add this to MyTorrents plugin.

In Wiki see the "Notification creation examples" which shows you 3 methods for implementing.. else write to me in private and I will help you :) (I would like to hear ideas from other developers how to improve it :) )

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    OK, i''ll look at it. No ideas actuaaly since I didn't test you plugin sorry :(

DjHarem

Portal Member
    December 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    i Like the idea of the notification bar.

I am running growl for windows on my desktop pc.
    Maybe it would be possible to make the notificationbar interact with that programm.
    Growl for windows has the option to forward messages.
    Additionally there are already many plugins for growl to catch many events e.g. Windows Balloons.

So if there where a "bridge" between growl and the notification bar,
    the notification bar would be able to show many notifications :)

sorry for my bad english, but i hope u can understand what i would explain.

greetings

GetWell

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,
    i Like the idea of the notification bar.

I am running growl for windows on my desktop pc.
    Maybe it would be possible to make the notificationbar interact with that programm.
    Growl for windows has the option to forward messages.
    Additionally there are already many plugins for growl to catch many events e.g. Windows Balloons.

So if there where a "bridge" between growl and the notification bar,
    the notification bar would be able to show many notifications :)

sorry for my bad english, but i hope u can understand what i would explain.

greetings

I think its the same as Luca Brasi talked about in post #34?

I haven't used growl yet, but when I have a little more time, I will look in to it :)

Ive just published a new version of the plugin, which is now ready for the next MP version, gives better control of notifications for developers and has built-in Internet access notification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom