Pay per View on Sky Deutschland (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I wanted to try out that pay-per-view on Sky Deutschland.
    I ordered a movie on Sky Select HD but I failed to tune to it. Oups there goes my 5 euros :)
    Before the movie time I was getting a proper 'scrambled' error message.
    However once the movie started I was getting a black screen.

@mm1352000 Do you see something in the logs that could help me get that working next time?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well it looks like it's still scrambled so I guess the card just did not get the update in time.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yep, TsReader log full of "PES H264 0-0-1 fail" => still scrambled. I'm not sure whether your tuner/CAM/card are capable of receiving updates, or whether you have to tune a certain channel. All of those things are outside TV Server's control.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm hoping all three are capable of receiving updates, just not as timely as the original recorder though.
    Maybe some other Sky Deutschland users are knowledgeable on that?
    @HTPC_Sourcer you got sky right?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Yes, I do but I've never used On Demand. The subscription itself is already expensive enough... :eek:

In case you would like to repeatthe experiment, I suggest that you put the card into the Sky receiver, order and wait for the show to start. Then put it back into the CAM and see if decryption is working. Unfotunately testing, while being easy, might quickly turn into a costly operation ;)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I do but I've never used On Demand. The subscription itself is already expensive enough... :eek:
    It the first time I ever tried out and that was more out of curiosity rather than anything else. Did not really care about that movie :)
    I also don't think I should give Sky anymore money than I already do.

In case you would like to repeatthe experiment,
    If I think I can get it working I would happily try again.

, I suggest that you put the card into the Sky receiver, order and wait for the show to start. Then put it back into the CAM and see if decryption is working.
    Yeah I know that would probably work. Then challenge really would be to do it without the receiver :)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I found something interesting to try out.
    Apparently you need to go to Sky Sport New HD or some other channel.
    Then visit: http://www.sky.de/freischaltung login and click 'Jetz Freischalten'
    Then you get the following message:
    Hinweis
    Ihre Smartcard wird in den nächsten 15 Minuten freigeschaltet. Bitte lassen Sie Ihr Gerät so lange auf dem Sender Sky Sport News HD (Sendeplatz 100) eingeschaltet. Wir wünschen Ihnen viel Spaß mit Ihrem neuen Programm. Falls noch nicht geschehen, stecken Sie Ihre Smartcard bitte jetzt in Pfeilrichtung in Ihren Digitalreceiver. Beachten Sie dabei die Position des goldfarbenen Chips. Schalten Sie nun auf den Sender Sky Sport News HD. Bitte beachten Sie: Mit der Freischaltung Ihrer Smartcard aktivieren Sie Ihren Vertrag. Damit bestätigen Sie die Gültigkeit der Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen der Sky Deutschland Fernsehen GmbH & Co. KG und der datenschutzrechtlichen Einwilligung. Sollten Sie eine Smartcard der Kabel Deutschland oder eines anderen Kabelnetzbetreibers erhalten haben, erkennen Sie mit der Freischaltung auch die Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen des jeweiligen Netzanbieters zur Überlassung einer Smartcard an.

Looks like I'm gonna waste another 5 euros to try it out :)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If I payed for a movie I can watch it on Sky Select for the next 2 weeks right? So maybe I can try that without spending more cash cause that Fury movie is showing tonight again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom