[confirm] PC hibernated just after recording started (1 Viewer)

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I had SGU scheduled to record last night at 20:30 (It's set on "Record every time on this channel" and has already successfully recorded a couple of episodes.)
    I noticed at around 20:45 that my HTPC was off. I powered it up and the on screen record marker came up indicating that a recording was in process. (Nothing else was scheduled to record in this slot)
    I manually grabbed a copy of the TV server logs and have attached them below. From what I can see, it appears that Powerscheduler shut down the machine even though there was an active recording in process :confused:
    I don't have anything else running on the PC that would shut it down and the remote was not being used.
    The entry for SGU in the Recorded programs list shows it as 1:15 minutes duration but the .ts file is only about 400K so it looks like the recording didn't resume when I powered back on even though the record indicator came on.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Please post screenshots of all your PowerScheduler settings.

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Screen shots as requested.

I had the "Enable extensive logging option" disabled when the error occurred but have since turned it on in case it helps with troubleshooting. All other options are unchanged.

Attachments

• screen1.JPG
      screen1.JPG
      64 KB
    • screen2.JPG
      screen2.JPG
      61.1 KB
    • screen3.JPG
      screen3.JPG
      58.5 KB
    • screen4.JPG
      screen4.JPG
      51.5 KB
    • screen5.JPG
      screen5.JPG
      50.7 KB

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I don't see anything wrong with your settings or your logs.

Can you reproduce the issue? If so, post new logs now that you have enabled extensive logging in PowerScheduler.
    Also, is this a server only or single seat installation?

In any case next time post full logs, including client logs - there might be something that will give as a clue on where to look.
    In single seat installations you can gather full logs using MediaPortal Debug Mode. If the issue is random, just run MediaPortal Debug Mode and select the 3rd option, it will collect all necessary logs.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    What about the error in Error.log?

2010-06-17 20:29:09.751375 [PowerEventThread(7)]: TVController.CanSuspend: internal error: scheduler still has 1 active recordings!

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    :oops: missed that!

Then it's a known issue. We just don't know why it happens, but it has been reported before.

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't see anything wrong with your settings or your logs.

Can you reproduce the issue? If so, post new logs now that you have enabled extensive logging in PowerScheduler.
    Also, is this a server only or single seat installation?

In any case next time post full logs, including client logs - there might be something that will give as a clue on where to look.
    In single seat installations you can gather full logs using MediaPortal Debug Mode. If the issue is random, just run MediaPortal Debug Mode and select the 3rd option, it will collect all necessary logs.

Hi, thanks for looking into this.

It's a single seat setup. This is the first time I've had this issue and I wasn't using the PC at the time, I just noticed that it was no longer on when I was expecting it to be recording. MP Client would have been sitting on the Home menu.
    If it happens again I'll follow your instructions and try to get more complete logs. I was hoping the error log (also flagged by Seco) may be of some help.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I have personally added that log line to see how common this issue is, but unfortunately we have no idea why it happens. :(

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, I haven't had this issue impact on a recording again yet but have just noticed a couple of entries of

"[Powerscheduler Timer(11)]: TVController.CanSuspend: internal error: scheduler still has 1 active recordings!"

in the error log from yesterday. I've attached full logs in case they're of any help as I'm now running Powerscheduler with Extensive logging enabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom