[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (2 Viewers)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you remove the %ProgramData%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaBrowser.xml and try again?

I have not officially tested with 1.7 yet but i will do a check somewhere this weekend

Buell

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, I'm writing with my phone, But deleting MediaBrowser.xml solves the problem only for one Start of Mediaportal.
    After that I get the message MediaBrowser.xml is an invalid file and Mediaportal hangs.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Looks like mediaportal is reading the config file (and expects it's own format). The format this plugin uses is different so i have to make some small changes top the plugin.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The problem is that mediaportal is trying to read the config file in it's own format. The plugin will not work in 1.7.
    I will release an update in several of hours when i get back from other stuff ;)
    Meanwhile remove and backup your MediaBrowser.xml file and remove the plugin if you want to use 1.7.
    Fix is already commited i just need to build the new installer.

Last edited:

mcroyjason

Portal Member
    July 4, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The problem is that mediaportal is trying to read the config file in it's own format. The plugin will not work in 1.7.
    I will release an update in several of hours when i get back from other stuff ;)
    Meanwhile remove and backup your MediaBrowser.xml file and remove the plugin if you want to use 1.7.
    Fix is already commited i just need to build the new installer.

Awesome! Thanks. I tried the same method as above by removing the xml file and got the same result.

I will wait for your update and try it again later.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    New release 0.21 ! See download links and change log in the first post.

This release was mainly due to a bug in MediaPortal 1.7 which causes a crash on the config file it should not read ;)
    Other minor updates are the back button behaviour which is now a setting in the config file - sorry no UI for this yet

To keep your existing settings please rename the MediaBrowser.xml settings file to MediaBrowser.config otherwise remove it when MediaPortal 1.7 is installed.

mcroyjason

Portal Member
    July 4, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    New release 0.21 ! See download links and change log in the first post.

This release was mainly due to a bug in MediaPortal 1.7 which causes a crash on the config file it should not read ;)
    Other minor updates are the back button behaviour which is now a setting in the config file - sorry no UI for this yet

To keep your existing settings please rename the MediaBrowser.xml settings file to MediaBrowser.config otherwise remove it when MediaPortal 1.7 is installed.

Excellent job! I just downloaded it and all seems to be working great now!

I like the views much better now too! Thank you so much for your attention to this so quickly!

By the way, I heard a rumor that you may be working on a TV plugin for MB3 and Mediaportal. Is there any truth to this?;)

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi Armand, just starting to play with MB and thanks for your work on the MP plugin.

I have this error when I try to play a movie on my main client:

[2014-04-25 20:36:34,670] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - VideoPlayer9: Exception while creating DShow graph Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DShowNET.Helper.DirectShowUtil.FindPin(IBaseFilter filter, PinDirection dir, String strPinName)
    at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.UpdateFilters(String selection)
    at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.GetInterfaces()

Plays movies fine through MP on my server.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom