[Plugin]MicasaVerde Vera Controller (1 Viewer)

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thanks a lot for the update and the UTF-8 fix, I really like this plugin! I'm interested in StreamedMP skin files even though I mostly use Titan these days.

charettepa

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    any plans of upgrading this to work with MP 1.6?
    since ive upgraded it no longer works on any of my machines
    similar issue with another plugin was due to mp 1.6 using .net 4
    hope this helps

charettepa

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    with 1.6 final out
    the vera plugin no longer just freezez
    it completely crashes mp
    will a new plugin be comming?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    charattepa, BartEv hasn't logged in since August last year so continuing to post is probably not going to elicit the response you're hoping for. If the plugin is really important to you, I'd politely suggest you attempt to compile a version for yourself.

charettepa

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    i'd love to do this
    wish i knew how
    all i know from other plugins
    is that it needs to be converted to .net 4

any pointers on how to do this?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Before I say anything more: people aren't going to be able to walk you through this step by step. You're going to need to be willing to invest time and energy messing around with stuff that at first may make absolutely no sense to you.

For a start, how about following the guide in the wiki to enable you to build MediaPortal:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Development/Building_MediaPortal_from_source

The software you need is listed as prerequisites:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_.../Building_MediaPortal_from_source/1_Git_Setup

You probably only really need TortoiseGit (to enable you to get MediaPortal's code) and Visual Studio 2010 Express (to enable you to compile that code).

Once you've figured out how to compile MediaPortal, the next task is to figure out how to build the plugin without changes.
    I'd recommend installing TortoiseSVN to enable you to get the plugin code.
    Once you can build it (again with VS 2010 Express), then you need to change the project target to .NET 4.0 (this is probably the easiest part of the whole process) and see if it will still compile. If it does, you may be sorted; if not, VS will give you a list of errors you have to fix.

BartEv

Portal Member
    July 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all,
    Yes it has been quite some time ago since i've logged into this forum. Last week i got a direct request for an update of my Vera Plug-in.
    The good news is, that i did make an update and Vera Control is running nice under MP1.6.x. I'm waiting for some feedback before i will publish this version. (For those who can wait, sent me a DM with e-mail adress and i'll sent you an installation package.)

Secondly i got a nice feature request:
    "The ability to execute a Vera Scene directly from the touch of a numeric key on the remote control"
    I am willing the develop this feature, but have some reservations by the exact desired behavior:
    1) Should the scene be executed anytime a numeric key is pressed (regardless in which mode/menu MP is)
    2) Should the scene be executed only after confirmation? or only in the Vera controll menu?
    3) what about the behavior when actually a numeric value needs to be entered or alphanumeric character by multiple keys presses? (How can my plug in detect when not to run a scene)
    4) ....more ideas....?

So please give me some ideas and a small discussion about this feature
    Cheers... Bart

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom