[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (2 Viewers)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    And again ... MpSync is not work :(

ajs, I already told what you need to do to identify which database is causing issues. Will repeat again. Add the databases one by one, every time performing a synchronization. As soon as it stop after a new database is added, send me the source and target versions of the database to see what is the problem.

mnovak

November 13, 2009
    Hello!
    i just installed mpsync 1.0.0.7 on my master client and had the following problem: thumbs are not copied to the specified target directory.
    the log shows "thumbs synchronisation complete". no error is shown.
    synch of the databases works.
    i tried to reinstall mpsync but it didn't solve the problem. then i gave version 1.0.0.6 a try and this works. so it seems to be a problem with version 1.0.0.7.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hello!
    i just installed mpsync 1.0.0.7 on my master client and had the following problem: thumbs are not copied to the specified target directory.
    the log shows "thumbs synchronisation complete". no error is shown.
    synch of the databases works.
    i tried to reinstall mpsync but it didn't solve the problem. then i gave version 1.0.0.6 a try and this works. so it seems to be a problem with version 1.0.0.7.

mnovak, can you please provide your mpsync.xml and the debug mpsync.log for the 1.0.0.7 version (please reinstall the latest version, un-tick the database synchronization and execute the thumbs synchronization only since issue is with this part of the plugin). Also, can you provide details of your OS and HTPC configuration you have, i.e. master to server to client, etc.

Thanks

mnovak

November 13, 2009
    thanks for the fast answer.
    i attached the requested files.
    htpc - configuration: 1 master (os: windows 7), 1 server (os= whs 2011), 2 clients (os = win 7). i installed mpsync for the first time so i hang with the sync form master client to server
    mediaportal version is 1.3.0
    mptveries version is 3.4.2.2018
    moving pictures version is 1.5.1.1487

Attachments

• MPSync.xml
      1.7 KB

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    thanks for the fast answer.
    i attached the requested files.
    htpc - configuration: 1 master (os: windows 7), 1 server (os= whs 2011), 2 clients (os = win 7). i installed mpsync for the first time so i hang with the sync form master client to server
    mediaportal version is 1.3.0
    mptveries version is 3.4.2.2018
    moving pictures version is 1.5.1.1487

mnovak, thanks for the details. Can you please PM me so that I can send you a new version to try it out. Basically I enhanced the error trapping so that I can understand better why it is not scanning your server folder. I have a slight suspisson, but need more facts ;)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm this for 1.0.0.8 (the pre release you mailed me), it starts working and after integrity check just stops doing anything.

Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    I can confirm this for 1.0.0.8 (the pre release you mailed me), it starts working and after integrity check just stops doing anything.

Requiem, just as a trial, can you swap the client and server paths, i.e. put the C:... in the client path and the \\SERVER in the server path. Also invert the synch direction and give it a try.

To tell you the truth, I always tested with a PC name in the client path and a Server in the server path and only changing synch direction either from client to server or server to client, depending on role of HTPC.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Just tried that out, problem stays the same.

Requiem, will send you an updated v1.0.0.8 plugin with enhanced debug logging to try and understand where it is failing. I have retried several times on my setup and every time it finishes correctly. will upload log for your to see...

Last edited:

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please shoot me, I just installed your new plugin version which you mailed me and it finished correctly. Please don't ask me why, as I understand that you just added some debug logging.... I'll let you of course know when I notice something else again. Before this updated it failed everytime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom