Re-Launch of MP EPG Downloader (2 Viewers)

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
After a long break... for many and varied unavoidable reasons... I am relaunching my MP EPG Downloader service.

It now includes a comprehensive database mapping table that allows you to map combinations of xmltv nodes and attributes to database fields in your program table.

Please read the new Setup.pdf that installs with the software for detailed instructions.

Regards

Big_Kev

MP EPG Downloader

If you are installing for the first time, using the default database server, then this will be MySQL 5.1

You may also want to install the MySQL GUI Tools package, as some of the setup functions require the database administrator program to be installed

MySQL :: MySQL GUI Tools

NOTE: I was a little rushed with this and I did not realise that the documentation is a little out of date. It describes the database as being called "TvLibrary" - this is only on old versions of MP. It is now mptvdb for version 1.1. Please ensure that you select the correct one when setting up new users.

raf

Portal Pro
January 23, 2005
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Hi Big Kev,

Fantastic to see you back!

I've recently changed my setup from Vista x86 to Vista x64 and changed the MP database from MS SQL to MySQL when I test login to the database I get this error (pic attached) I can login ok to your Web Manager program and obviously the TV server connects ok.

The file is in the application exe directory.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    19.1 KB

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I'm on Vista 32bit and get that same error. I started with a clean system so I don't have any additional software installed. I used all defaults when installing MP 1.1.0Beta (the current release), so I think that means it installs MSSQL Express (not sure). I didn't change any of the default username/password details.

I didn't have any SQL administrator application like the PDF describes. Perhaps there's a step missing in the instructions since it seems to assume you have the utility.

So I guess for me, I need to know:
    - which database should I select (if you assume all defaults when installing MediaPortal 1.1.0 and you don't have one installed already, and
    - what's the username and password to use (I think it's supposed to be "sa" and "MediaPortal", but those didn't work), and
    - the error regarding the missing dll (as shown in the previous post) probably means I don't have something installed, so I need to know what that is.

Then hopefully I can get it all working!

Dir

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    I'm on Vista 32bit and get that same error. I started with a clean system so I don't have any additional software installed. I used all defaults when installing MP 1.1.0Beta (the current release), so I think that means it installs MSSQL Express (not sure). I didn't change any of the default username/password details.

I didn't have any SQL administrator application like the PDF describes. Perhaps there's a step missing in the instructions since it seems to assume you have the utility.

So I guess for me, I need to know:
    - which database should I select (if you assume all defaults when installing MediaPortal 1.1.0 and you don't have one installed already, and
    - what's the username and password to use (I think it's supposed to be "sa" and "MediaPortal", but those didn't work), and
    - the error regarding the missing dll (as shown in the previous post) probably means I don't have something installed, so I need to know what that is.

Then hopefully I can get it all working!

Dir

Hi, If you used the defaults while installing, you will have installed MySQL as your default database.

To stop the error previously described, you will need to copy the libmysql.dll file from the bin directory of your install of MySQL and paste a copy into the MP EPG Downloader directory. The default location for this file is usually C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin. (Remember that you are copying this file, NOT moving it, you need to leave the original file in the MySQL bin folder as well).

if you have installed the MySQL database, then the user name will be root and the password will be MediaPortal. The database installs as mptvdb

I dont think that the administrator tools download with the initial install of MySQL 5.1.

You can download them here...

MySQL :: MySQL GUI Tools

Hi,

See my answer to dir's post above

raf

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2005
    Sydney, AUSTRALIA
    Hi Big_Kev,

I did as you instructed, copied the libmysql.dll file into the MP EPG Downloader from the MySQL bin directory but I still got the same error, as I wasn't getting the error with your MP Web Interface I thought I'd use the the libmysql.dll from there and now it works :)

gusangora

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Howdy,
    my epg is showing lots of dots, I think where a subtitle would be (see picture).
    How do I change this to be blank/nothing when there is no info for that field?
    Also, how do I insert a 'space' after 'Starring:', before the actor names start?
    Thanks,
    Steve

Attachments

• epg display.jpg
      epg display.jpg
      307.8 KB

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Howdy,
    my epg is showing lots of dots, I think where a subtitle would be (see picture).
    Steve

Looking into this, not straight forward as the MP database is created with all fields as not null. This seems to be giving an issue with MySQL not allowing a space as a "blank" character, hence the dots.

You can try changing the dots in the default column of the database mapping table to spaces, but it may give an error.

Also, how do I insert a 'space' after 'Starring:', before the actor names start?
    Thanks,
    Steve

In the database mapping table you will see the entry for the "description" field. You need to make a change to the Tag Name and add a space after the colon " Starring:", you may want to do it for director as well...

Code:
    programme>desc;!IfNotEmpty(" Starring: ",!ListAll(programme>credits>actor));!IfNotEmpty(" Director: ",!ListAll(programme>credits>director))

Kev

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Version 0.1.2.1

Howdy,

Fixed in latest version. Download and install, change all of the dots in the database mapping table to a single space, save and re-download.

Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom