Re-Launch of MP EPG Downloader (1 Viewer)

gusangora

Portal Pro
January 14, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
G'day BigKev,
you are a champion. 'Dots' gone and infinitely better.
However (I'm a fussy b*stard), I now have empty parentheses after numerous shows - see attached.
Steve
NB. also fixed space after Starring and Directors - thank you.

Attachments

• brackets.jpg
    brackets.jpg
    304.6 KB

raufiq

Portal Member
May 10, 2009
UAE
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
hi,

this is my first post here. i have MP setup and working fine. I am trying to have EPG setup for my region so i can use it for recording. can some one tell me if this plugin can download EPG for the middle east channels. specially MBC2, MBC action, MBC MAX etc. which countries EPG data it can download? if this is not for the middle east, which plugin or solution can i use for that?

thankx in advance

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
The program should be able to download EPG from anywhere, as long as it is in one of the standard xmltv formats.

Where will you be downloading your EPG data from? If you let me know the URL, I can help you with the setup.

Kev

raufiq

Portal Member
May 10, 2009
UAE
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
The program should be able to download EPG from anywhere, as long as it is in one of the standard xmltv formats.

Where will you be downloading your EPG data from? If you let me know the URL, I can help you with the setup.

Kev
thanks for the reply. i haven;t install this plugin but i tried with xmltv plugin that comes with MP but no luck. I'll try MPEPG downloader and let you know. i wanted to make sure that it has the EPG for our channels and since you said it should be able to do that, i'll deffinately give it a try and let you guys know. i wish things will be smoother with it.

thanx

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
The program does not have any pre-programmed EPG sites, you will need a URL for your local xmltv info provider.

This info is supplied in several possible formats. If you let me know the site for your xmltv data, I can give you a step by step to set it up.

Does anyone else know the appropriate URL for raufiq?

raufiq

Portal Member
May 10, 2009
UAE
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
thanks DerZwen. I was just busy last couple of weeks in office and personal work. now I'll start again my search for some usefull URL for me. I'll appreciate if some one else give me some hint, if he/she nows.

regards

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @bigkev:

i use your tool since the beginning. i tried to create my own one to map the SQL fields to the XML tags - yeah, i tried and failed. :D for relaunching your tool.

till now, my xml file was imported correctly. i now just installed the new version and... nothing happens at all. It scans the xml file and the log tells me, that all programmes are found, but they won't be added to the SQL server. don't know where to search the failure. I use the standard MP 1.0.2 database with MS SQL 2005 Express.

Attachments

• epg.png
      epg.png
      34 KB
    • schedule.png
      schedule.png
      28.6 KB
    • db_mapping.png
      db_mapping.png
      18.6 KB
    • tvguide.png
      tvguide.png
      64.7 KB

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No EPG Data in MP

I updated to the latest version (0.1.2.1) and have some problems, I don’t see the EPG data in MP. Looking at the download.log I see that it downloads the files OK, and it tells me that there are programs in the downloaded files and everything looks great in the logfile, but I don’t get anything in MP. So I installed SQL Management Studio Express to have a look in the SQL database but I’m not sure where to look, can’t find my way around in there. So I’m not sure if downloaded data ever gets put in to the SQL database or if the problem is that the MP client don’t get the data from the TV server… so I don’t know if I have a problem with MP EPG Downloader or with MediaPortal.

My TV Server runs on Windows Server 2003 SP2, SQL Express, MP EPG 0.1.2.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom