Recordings dont get added to "Recorded TV" (1 Viewer)

mts

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
THX!
You were right! -1 is the problem.
I have this -1 at recorded pay-per-view channels! I think there is a bug in this import to database-function.

On the other hand MP should ignore -1 channels and set them as unknown.

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I had same errors. I found problem with Database import in TV server configuration. I imported all my files and if I looked to DB to table Recordings, I found value= -1 in column IdChannel for some items. I deleted all rows with this IdChannel manually and immediately I get list of all recordings in MediaPortal clients.

Now, I have all my recordings in Mediaportal :)

Same here - but instead of deleting the rows with -1, I changed the number to match one of the more recent recordings (20 in my case). Restarted MP and voila! - all my recordings are back.

This is obviously a bug in either the import routine or the way that MP processes the listing when a negative value is in the IdChannel field.

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also changed the channel to an available ID.

Maybe it happens on channels, which are no longer available or that were recreated.
    I think this bug should be added to the roadmap.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe it happens on channels, which are no longer available or that were recreated.

This is correct - it's the default for no longer present channels. Unfortunately there is no decent way to solve this which would not require user input.

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would just mark them as unknown, but you could also create an input-dialog.

I think the channel isn't very important.

Terriff

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    I was having this problem and ran through quite a few tests to try to fix it. Eventually, it started working, but I'm not 100% sure which thing solved the problem

I started out recording in .ts format as always. I noticed that the physical file on the filesystem was being created as was the entry in the database, but nothing would ever show up in "Recorded TV".

I tried flushing out the database and filesystem by using the TV Server cleanup methods in the Recording settings window and MediaPortal's Recorded TV "Clean-up" process. I also tried changing the path of recorded shows. None of these things things helped.

Next, I set the recording location to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server, I changed my recording type from .ts to .mpg, and cleared out the log files in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server.

After I did these things, "Recorded TV" started working properly again. I changed the recording location back to M:\Recordings and RecordedTV continued to work properly.

Unfortunately, I don't know which step actually fixed the problem. I didnt' change any file system permission settings or close my SQL management window or anything.

Maybe someone can pinpoint the problem better than I did. Thanks.

TV-Server Version: TVEngine3 1.0.0.0 RC1
    MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal 1.0.0.0 RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: Bluetwo wide
    Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2 - hotfixes from RyanVM's Windows XP Post-SP2 Update Pack 2.2.1, March 2, 2008
    CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 - 2.33GHz
    HDD: Hitachi - 500GB Deskstar T7K500 SATA II
    Memory: Patriot - Extreme Performance DDR2 4GB (2 x 2GB) PC2-6400
    Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-73PVM-S2H w/ Geforce 7100
    Motherboard Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / nForce 630i Chipset
    Motherboard Bios: Award BIOS - v. F6
    Video Card: XFX 8500GT 256MB
    Video Card Driver: nVidia 6.14.11.6932 (Date: 2008.01.09)
    Sound Card: Realtek ALC889A codec
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5591 (Date: 2008.03.26)
    1. TV Card: TechnoTrend S2-3200 Budget
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
    1. TV Card Driver: TechnoTrend BDA 4.4.10.18
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 7, ffdshow_beta4a_rev1723_20071224_clsid.exe
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 7, ffdshow_beta4a_rev1723_20071224_clsid.exe
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Nimiq 2 82°W, Nimiq 1 91°W
    HTPC Case: ANTEC - VERIS Fusion Black 430
    Cooling: 2 x 120mm case fans, stock Intel Core2Duo fan
    Power Supply: 430W provided with case
    Remote: Logitech Harmony 688, TechnoTrend S2-3200
    TV: Acer 22 inch LCD monitor
    TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

Just another "me too".

I installed RC1 today, and although the server "thought" it had imported my previous recordings, nothing showed up in recorded TV. Same when I recorded something new.

I made sure I deleted all databases, re-installed several times. Nothing I did seemed to make a difference.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I reverted back to 0.2.3 with SVN 18436. Everything seems to work. New recording show up in the list. Old recordings import and show up in the list.

I guess something has changed since this SVN, and it is not a positive change.

Sorry if I seem to be direct. Just giving the facts.

Apart from that, RC1 was good, although I did see a few crashes with the TV server setup. For me, if I delete the database, go into setup for the first time, scan for channels, go into the recordings pane and change the recording folders for my card, then try to okay it, this hangs setup every time. I noticed earlier, Chris noted that he had seen crashes, but not reproducibly, so I hope this helps.

As usual, please don't take my comments as a criticism. MP has got so much better over the last month, nevermind the last year. Truly amazing. Just a few glitches.

Mark

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've just fixed a place where this error could occur.
    The bad thing is that nothing has changed for this screen since ages...

Two questions to you all which might help me to find the reason:
    1. Have you all been users of TV-Server before?
    2. Are your all using MS SQL Server or did it happen for MySQL as well?

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    I've just fixed a place where this error could occur.
    The bad thing is that nothing has changed for this screen since ages...

1. I have used TV-Server extensively before RC1
    2. I am currently using MS SQL Server but have always used MySQL on all previous versions (just wanted to see the default in use)

I am fairly certain this problem is to do with the imported entries.

Terriff

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008

1. I've always used TV-Server 3
    2. Always MS SQL Express

I am fairly certain this problem is to do with the imported entries.
    I didn't import anything after installing 1.0 RC1 and I still had the problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom