Recordings dont get added to "Recorded TV" (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've just fixed a place where this error could occur.
    The bad thing is that nothing has changed for this screen since ages...

Two questions to you all which might help me to find the reason:
    1. Have you all been users of TV-Server before?
    2. Are your all using MS SQL Server or did it happen for MySQL as well?

I have used TV server for a long time now, and tried many different SVNs.

I have always used MS SQL.

SVN 18436 is the first one I have noticed which allowed import of old recordings. Maybe this is just because I have not been very observant!

Thanks for looking into this.

Mark

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    1. I started using TVserver a couple of weeks ago, had been running regular 0.2.3 before that.
    2. Used MS SQL.

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    did you guys import an old channellist or a clean scan for channels after installation?

i have added this issue to mantis now since there are quite some ppl which encounter it ( i still cant reproduce it)

0001226: in some cases "TV recordings" stays empty - MediaPortal Bugtracker

you can see that its fix has beed taged for RC2 release in the roadmap.

I did a clean channel scan. I think I did the channel scan after importing the existing recordings - maybe this is the reason all the -1 IdChannel entries appeared.

Interestingly, I could see all the imported recordings in MP until I made my first new recording.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I did a clean channel scan. I think I did the channel scan after importing the existing recordings - maybe this is the reason all the -1 IdChannel entries appeared.

Yep, definately should be channel scan first, sort order if neccessary, At this point i always save config and restart setup to save recording\timeshift epg settings and then save again, so on until all the sections are completed.

Maybe a save button would be useful for the individual screens, but i bet someone forgets to do it, so same results :(

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Yep, definately should be channel scan first, sort order if neccessary, At this point i always save config and restart setup to save recording\timeshift epg settings and then save again, so on until all the sections are completed.

Maybe a save button would be useful for the individual screens, but i bet someone forgets to do it, so same results :(

Question: what function does IdChannel actually have when you import an existing recording?

Bussiebaer

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Me too, the first attempt of channel scan didn't find anything (later i found out the kabel got unplugged...), so i made the others settings first, like import the old recordings. After what i searched the error at TV... I will have a look at the DB at night.

For the records, bevor i used the TV-Server SVN 18080 and MSSQL.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    You could always drop\delete the db and start with a clean TVServer and see if doing it tune channels first\Reimport old channels works better.

IdChannel

AFAIK it just points to the matching tuned channel (no channel, no match then you get the exception -1 showing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom