Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (1 Viewer)

Paul Jackson

Portal Member
May 15, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for providing input but I think the DNS issue is a red herring because freeguide once configured works successfully repeatedly. Even if it were a DNS issue configuring the host file as I did would not use DNS.

I absolutely do think it's something wrong with the set up the install of my schedules direct plug-in. Of course I'm not sure what that is at this point.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay. Short of an incorrect password (which I'm pretty sure would give a different error), I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Paul Jackson

Portal Member
    May 15, 2015
    Home Country
    Yes I assumed it would. I have no idea myself what's going wrong but thanks very much for responding. I may look into XML TV and schedules direct instead of using the plug-in if I can get that to work.

However if anyone else can provide some input that would be great. Again, thanks in advance.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    However if anyone else can provide some input that would be great. Again, thanks in advance.
    While following this it seems you are using something other than the MP supplied version.
    Have you loaded the standard plugin and made sure it will work before trying something else?

Paul Jackson

Portal Member
    May 15, 2015
    Home Country
    I did try the standard version first. I downloaded it and it complained that it required version 1.3.* but it actually install the files in the standard Media Portal directory instead of the TV service directory. I simply copy them from that directory into the plugin directory of the TV service. both yield the same results. The code I built with unmodified and taken directly from the github.

I was able to get the guide using http://freeguide-tv.sourceforge.net/. this program allows it to export XML TV but the importer for the TV server does not fully like the format. I check the DTD and they both match. that most likely may be due to a discrepancy in the format this tool outputs them. I'm more interested in getting the schedule direct plugin to work. I'm just using this to try to eliminate some of the variables. Runnning at several times successfully tells me that there's nothing wrong with my system communicating with the schedule direct server outside of the plugin.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Paul,

Try these dlls... from my current running setup. just drag them from the zip to your TV-Server plugins folder .... and run TV Server config to setup .. worth a try.

Chuck

Attachments

• SD-TvdbLib.zip
      164.7 KB

Paul Jackson

Portal Member
    May 15, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks for the response but unfortunately it's no different. I made sure the TV service was not running when I place the files in this location and then started up the service. Are there any subdirectories (or datafiles) for the scheduled direct plug-in that are supposed to be installed in the plug-in directory, TV service directory, or the data directory for the TV service?

Not sure if it makes a difference but I am using the latest version of.net.

Code:
    [2015-05-16 14:56:08,622] [Log    ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - TEST: Username: plj49876
    [2015-05-16 14:56:08,622] [Log    ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - TEST: Password was set
    [2015-05-16 14:56:08,632] [Log    ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Requesting 24 hours of program listings from [5/16/2015 2:56:08 PM] to [5/17/2015 2:56:08 PM]
    [2015-05-16 14:56:08,632] [Log    ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - TEST: About ot call webservice
    [2015-05-16 14:56:08,642] [Log    ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The requested address is not valid in its context 127.0.0.1:50624
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at SchedulesDirect.SchedulesDirectWebService.SchedulesDirectWebServiceProxy.download(String startTime, String endTime)
       at SchedulesDirect.SchedulesDirectWebService.Download(DateTime startTime, DateTime endTime)
       at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.RunEpgImport()
    [2015-05-16 14:56:08,642] [Log    ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - ConnectFailure

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    here is my hosts file ... just the SD host is listed

just the two SD dlls in TV-Server plugins ... don't know why it's not connecting through the local address

Attachments

• hoststest.zip
      604 bytes

Paul Jackson

Portal Member
    May 15, 2015
    Home Country
    The only thing I'm left with is there something in the.net security permissions that are preventing it from opening the connection. I'm not sure if that's correct or not but I know they made substantial changes between the earlier versions of.net and version 4 especially in regards to security. The other plug-in supplied do work which might then contradict that theory.

So basically, I don't know what's wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom