Not open for further replies.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does this work with the Freesat EPG as well?

Yes the freesat epg is already implmented in the standard MediaPortal release, so you dont really need this install if you're just after the freesat listings. Series link does'nt work for freesat at the moment - I'll put this on the todo list

Just a quick question with regards to channel synchronisation, I use channel combinations so I combine BBC ONE on DVB-T with BBC ONE on DVB-S. When the channel synchronisation runs would that break that combination every time it synchronises or does it simply modify the DVB-S value? Cheers

The tuning synchroniser will just update the DVB-S tuning information so should'nt break any combinations.

brian_damage

Portal Member
    June 16, 2008
    Does this work with the Freesat EPG as well?

Yes the freesat epg is already implmented in the standard MediaPortal release, so you dont really need this install if you're just after the freesat listings. Series link does'nt work for freesat at the moment - I'll put this on the todo list

Thanks for the quick reply.

Freesat series link is a great idea - that would be fab!

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    miroslav

The freesat series link will fit in easily with the patch as they use a similar system to sky. There is a field called the CRID. Which is the same as seriesid. The problem would arise when u get 2 id's for the same channel. 1 from sky and one from freesat.
    Posted via Mobile Device

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    @miroslav

The freesat series link will fit in easily with the patch as they use a similar system to sky. There is a field called the CRID. Which is the same as seriesid. The problem would arise when u get 2 id's for the same channel. 1 from sky and one from freesat.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Does the DVB-T (Freeview) system use something similar? Might be a good addition for the patch if it is. Not that I want to increase miroslav's workload!

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    @miroslav

Posted via Mobile Device

Does the DVB-T (Freeview) system use something similar? Might be a good addition for the patch if it is. Not that I want to increase miroslav's workload!

Dont know to be honest, can MP capture the DVB-T freeview EPG at the moment? If not I probably wont have time to implement this myself.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    @miroslav

Posted via Mobile Device

Dont know to be honest, can MP capture the DVB-T freeview EPG at the moment? If not I probably wont have time to implement this myself.

Yes, it captures DVB-T EPG without any issues. Just figured if it was a simple enough addition, i.e the code is there for Sky/Freesat it would please a lot of people to have series link on Freeview too.

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    I had the sky EPG working on the pre 1.1.0 mp, but due to problems uninstalled/reinstalled mp. I notice I cannot even see a radio chan 'EPG Background Audio', despite rescanning a few times. I haven't installed your 1.1.1 patch yet as I wondered why that chan wasn't appearing. When I had it working before it was using the brit shorts and other radio chan that seems to have been supersceded, any ideas?

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    I have been using the series link feature for a few weeks now and have noticed a couple of issues:

1. It isn't always possible to cancel a series link. 9 times out of 10 clicking "Don't record" doesn't do anything and the program is still showing as scheduled to record in the program guide.

2. Series link recordings don't show in the scheduled recordings screen.

Other than those seems to work OK! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom