Status
Not open for further replies.

jobyrne30

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    @ wonkyd :- The series link does show up in the schedule. In the recording schedule menu there is one of the hidden side panel menu's, from this side panel menu you can select the "series" button.

You can cancel the series schedule from within the same menu .

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @ wonkyd :- The series link does show up in the schedule. In the recording schedule menu there is one of the hidden side panel menu's, from this side panel menu you can select the "series" button.

You can cancel the series schedule from within the same menu .

Aha! Cheers mate that's those fixed. :D

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Not sure if its a bug or not....

But I just went to series record Autumnwatch on BBC HD on thursday night (via the EPG). I selected the program, brought up the menu, went "advanced record", chose "series". This selected it ok.

But....

It has also selected "autumnwatch unsprung" to record too (this is on straight awards).

Any ideas???

J.

Me again...

Quick question.... is "series link record" only available by one screen?

The reason I ask, is that I did a search for a specific programme, it found it, I selected it, pressed menu and chose record. But it didn't give me the "series link" option, just all the usual options (everytime on this channel, every day on this channel, etc...)

Thanks,

J.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    This sounds like just what I needed!

I currently import using xml, so I disabled XMLTV plugin.

I am running 1.1.1, so downloaded and ran the two upgrade files.

Set EPG grabbing from EPG Background channel (which was listed under radio).

I then told it to grab the EPG.. However, since I already had an XMLTV EPG from the previous import I am not sure if it worked or not.. Any way to wipe the EPG data?

Also, I don't see any series link option when I go to record a programme - I only see the usual Advanced Record option. Is this correct, because it still seems to be recording the same programme twice..

Sorry if I'm being thick here!!

EDIT: Just read Jay's post - I don't seem to have a series link in Advanced record for some reason??

EDIT2 : Just remembered that I have channels mapped to EPG channels - do I need to wipe those too? If so, how?

I may have to just do a complete uninstall and reinstall :-(

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Make sure you have fill gaps enabled.

If you do a manual EPG/DVB refresh from within MePo TVServer config, this will wipe your current EPG and repopulate.

Check you log file to ensure everything is working. Post them here and someone hopefully will help.

J.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply...

I have done a complete uninstall because I have been messing about with For The Record Argus tuner and XMLTV imports and so on in the past few weeks, so thought it best to do reinstall..

Still scanning channels and stuff atm.. Will let you know how I get on!

Seems to be working like a charm - and no mapping channels to EPG channel names!!

What does fill gaps do? I enabled it..

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I may be missing some setting or other..

My EPG is not updating every 4 hours like it should (I have it set to 240 min).

A manual EPG grab works fine.

Any ideas?

Edit : never mind, it's working fine now!!

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Firstly thanks for all of the great work, this is the best MP epg I've ever had.... However...

I have a mixture of DVB-T and DVB-S cards and I'm based in the UK. As a result of this I have combined channels for things like BBC One (since they are available on both types of card). I use the Sky epg data for most of my channels, but there are a couple of channels that are only on freeview so I also have to collect epg data on those chans (I think they are five.us and five.live or whatever it is called, also possibly channel 301 - the bbc red button sports chan). Anyway most things work fine. However from time to time I lose the series link data on channels like BBC One. I think this is because when grabbing DVB-T data the feed also includes data for BBC One and sometimes this will overwrite the data grabbed from DVB-S. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening? Anyway to limit the DVB-T data to only the specific channels, while still allowing the DVB-S data for the rest of the system?

Note that this only happens very occasionally, normally my system will grab DVB-T data first and then DVB-S (I have my DVB-S card with a lower priority i.e. it is used last). I have always attempt to update set (along with attempt to fill holes).... But from time to time I get this problem, possibly when the DVB-S grab does not happen but the DVB-T grab did...

All the best

Andy

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Firstly thanks for all of the great work, this is the best MP epg I've ever had.... However...

I have a mixture of DVB-T and DVB-S cards and I'm based in the UK. As a result of this I have combined channels for things like BBC One (since they are available on both types of card). I use the Sky epg data for most of my channels, but there are a couple of channels that are only on freeview so I also have to collect epg data on those chans (I think they are five.us and five.live or whatever it is called, also possibly channel 301 - the bbc red button sports chan). Anyway most things work fine. However from time to time I lose the series link data on channels like BBC One. I think this is because when grabbing DVB-T data the feed also includes data for BBC One and sometimes this will overwrite the data grabbed from DVB-S. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening? Anyway to limit the DVB-T data to only the specific channels, while still allowing the DVB-S data for the rest of the system?

Note that this only happens very occasionally, normally my system will grab DVB-T data first and then DVB-S (I have my DVB-S card with a lower priority i.e. it is used last). I have always attempt to update set (along with attempt to fill holes).... But from time to time I get this problem, possibly when the DVB-S grab does not happen but the DVB-T grab did...

All the best

Andy

I get this too, this is a problem with mixing the EPG's. What would be handy is a "Grab BSkyB EPG" or "Grab Freesat EPG" tick boxes separate from the "grab EPG from these channels" selection, then we could tick the Freeview channels that aren't included in the above EPG and tick "Grab for selected channels only".

The other problem is mixing the Freesat and BSkyB EPG info for series link as Freesat are the only ones to broadcast a 7 day radio EPG on DVB-S... but that's another matter.

jobyrne30

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi,

All the best

Andy

Hi Andy,

Rather than combine the duplicate DVB-T/DVB-S channels could you not just use the use the DVB-S channels and delete the duplicate DVB-T channels ? It would seem to be easier fix than a code change. Is there any advantage in using duplicate/combined channels over just DVB-S ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom