Solution for ALL/most Software-encoder based TV-Cards (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I appreciate the efforts you put into helping other users to fix their problem with sw encoding cards.
    But we can not allow that you post a link to a package which contains copyrighted material, in this case encoders.

Simply because this is illegal and it would put our forum and our webmaster at risk to allow that.

The ony thing you can do is link to downloadlocations where users can get those filters legaly.
    :sorry:

naibaf7

Portal Member
    December 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: Solution for ALL/most Software-encoder based TV-Cards

Hehe okay, then I'll make this different now:
    A tool, where you can input the installation exe of the legal softwares, which include the encoders, that will rip out and install the codecs... sounds complicated but it will be kinda easy... and legal.
    €dit: Okay guys, this gets too complicated. And giving you the exact steps to get the encoders is.. well.. too complicated as well.

You can send me PM requests for the package and I'll help out with the encoders...
    ;)

naibaf7

Portal Member
    December 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

How to install all the codecs needed:

IMPORTANT NOTE: ALWAYS RUN ALL SOFTWARES AS ADMINISTRATOR, OR IT MIGHT FAIL WITHOUT ANY ERRORS!

You need to download those files:
    -MPEG Encoder Package (from here or the alternative link: http://www.2shared.com/file/w3UjsWre/MPEG_Encoder_Package_NOCP.html)
    NOTE: The Package DOES NOT include ANY Encoders (this would be illegal)

Therefore you also need:

THE TOOLS:

-GraphEdit:
    from here: http://www.shspvr.com/graph_build/download/graphedit_dx9.zip
    this is to test out if your DirectShow Filters are installed correctly
    (look at Graph Debugging Tools - MediaPortal Wiki for more details)

-Codecsniper:
    from here: Codec-Sniper Download - Softpedia
    this is to remove ALL your old encoders

-Uniextract:
    from here: Universal Extractor | LegRoom.net
    this is to extract the needed files from the install routines of the original Software

THE ENCODERS:

-ATI Encoder (10-11_vista_win7_32-64_xcode.exe):
    from here: Avivo Video Converter
    you need to fill out the survey to download it, not a big deal though

-WinDVR3 (WinDVR3.exe)
    from here: WinDVR - Download - CHIP Online

-WinTV6 (WinTV6_CD_4.6b.exe)
    from here: http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/install_cd/wintv6_cd_4.6b.exe

-DigitalTV (DigitalTV_3-4_01a-02.zip)
    from here: http://www.digitalrise.eu/support/downloads/index.php?action=file&id=188

if one of the links is down, try to search an alternative source! If that doesn't work or you feel in general not able to create the packet yourself,
    write me a PM and I'll look what I can do for you.

THE INSTALLATION:

-Run Codecsniper as administrator and delete all MPEG Encoders
    -Install MediaPortal 1.2 or newer
    -Copy the MPEG Encoder Package into your program files folder (unzipped)
    -Run Uniextract as administrator and unpack all 4 Encoder containing setups (see THE ENCODERS)
    -Look at MPEG Encoder Package; You'll find 5 folders there:
    ATI
    CyberLink X64
    CyberLink X86
    InterVideo
    MainConcept

then, in each of this folder there is a Filelist.txt. In this List, all Files that you need to copy in the corresponding
    folder are listed! Don't use subfolders inside one of those 5 folders, it will not work. However if you copy more files into the folder
    than needed, it will work anyway.
    You'll find all files needed in the 5 folders inside one of the 4 packages you need to download (THE ENCODERS)

You might have to use uniextract more than one time per Package, until you reach the needed files. This means.. inside of the packages
    you'll find ".msi" ".cab" and ".exe" files. Try to use uniextract again and again on them, until you find all files you need!
    This might take some time.

When you're done with this, your situation should look like this:
    -The folder "MPEG Encoder Package" is now in your program files folder
    -The folder contains 5 subfolders and the Configuration.exe
    -All 5 subfolders contain the files that are listed in the corresponding filelist.txt

If your situation looks like this, go on with the next step:
    -Run Configuration.exe as administrator and install/uninstall the encoders you wish to use
    -Run GraphEdit as administrator and check under "DirectShow" if your encoders are installed proper
    -Run TV-Server-Configuration from MediaPortal and go to General-->Software Encoders and select the encoder you want to use
    -Restart the Computer and/or the TV-Service and try to preview and/or scan channels... if it works, good!
    -Otherwise write me a PM on MediaPortal Forum if you want the finished Encoder package or write in this topic to get general help.

I know, a lot of work, but because of the legal/illegal situation I cannot give you any illegal links and/or the finished Package!
    Have fun with your card!

(you can find this Howto in the package; HowTo.txt)

mfg

naibaf7

Attachments

• MPEG Encoder Package NOCP.zip
      723.7 KB

naibaf7

Portal Member
    December 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

That's the problem ;)
    but you can guess easily where the encoders are located...

with WinTV it's somewhere in a folder called SoftPVR
    ATI it's in the app section (NOTE: it's a never ending extracting msi, so juust search for the files after extracting the first msi there)
    etc....

I don't remember it exactly ... I just went through all the stuff (yes, it takes some time) and took the files out (with their dependency files) etc.

if you don't have the time to do that, you can send me a PM :sorry:

mike827

Portal Member
    December 11, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well, I installed some of the codecs but I think i'm still missing something...

In the general section of the tv-server config, it says the ATI and Hauppauge codecs are installed, and I set the priority of them to be at the top. (And only those two codecs.)

Yet, when scanning, I still get "No Signal". Unfortunately I do not have any more time today to play with this, but I will keep you posted!

P.S. I am using an ATI All-In-Wonder 9000.

I think my problem was I did not remove all codecs using codec sniper, as I have over 500 codecs visible. I will have to go thorugh at some point and remove ALL codecs on the system and re-install.

(or maybe format pc and install only these codecs.)

naibaf7

Portal Member
    December 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

Oh no, that should NOT be the problem!

Maybe there's really no signal or another hardware problem (drivers etc).

But do not delete all codecs, this will just make the system crash! Only MPEG encoders away.

It might be a good idea to install the whole system new again.

Try all of those 4 encoders and set them all high (number 1 will be used). The same for audio encoder.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there

Where are your logs! It is impossible to help you with a problem like that without logs...

Well, I installed some of the codecs but I think i'm still missing something...

In the general section of the tv-server config, it says the ATI and Hauppauge codecs are installed, and I set the priority of them to be at the top. (And only those two codecs.)

Yet, when scanning, I still get "No Signal". Unfortunately I do not have any more time today to play with this, but I will keep you posted!

P.S. I am using an ATI All-In-Wonder 9000.

I think my problem was I did not remove all codecs using codec sniper, as I have over 500 codecs visible. I will have to go thorugh at some point and remove ALL codecs on the system and re-install.

(or maybe format pc and install only these codecs.)

mike827

Portal Member
    December 11, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok, I have posted the logs on mediafire, because they are too long and ugly to post in the thread.

error.log <-error.log

tv.log <- tv.log

Thank you so much for the help! :D

What really drives me crazy though is that the included ATI multimedia center software works, and I can watch TV no problem with that! Just mediaportal doesn't show the regular ATI codecs in the "general" page, only the ones included in the encoder package. (i.e. the ones that I know cause the TV to work with the ATI software don't show up in mediaportal!)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again mike827

Now that I have your logs it is pretty clear that your tuner is not currently supported. That is not a problem - we can try and add support :)

Could you please follow these instructions:
    1. Download GraphStudio from here (you want the 32 bit version). GraphStudio is a stand-alone executable, meaning that you can run it without needing to install it.
    2. Run GraphStudio as administrator.
    3. On the top menu select "Graph"->"Insert Filter...".
    4. In the first drop-down field in the upper left corner of the popup that appear select "WDM Streaming Crossbar Devices".
    5. In the second drop-down field make sure that "All Filters" is selected.
    6. Double click on each entry in the list to add them to the graph.
    7. Close the popup.
    8. On the top menu select "Graph"->"Make Graph Screenshot".
    9. Open Paint (or Gimp, Photoshop or similar).
    10. Press [Ctrl]+v to paste the screenshot.
    11. Save the screenshot.
    12. Post the screenshot here (you can attach files to your post via "manage attachments".

If any of that doesn't make sense then please don't hesitate to ask for help and I'll try and provide more specific instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom