Spotifier Beta 1.0 - search and play Spotify music (1 Viewer)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Quote...

"Re: Spotifier Beta 1.0 - search and play Spotify music
    If someone is using Fanart Handler (= the plugin by cul8er) and Spotifier, make sure the proxy is DISABLED in Fanart Handler -> Music settings.

Otherwise Spotifier search won't work!

Issue 86 - fanart-handler - Music proxy enabled disturbs other plugins in Mediaportal - Project Hosting on Google Code"

I've had Spotifier working on RC2 but now im running 1.1 stable and i'm having difficulty searching as when i open the plugin, type a wellknown artist it always pings back at me "unable to search please try later"

I have fanart handler but and have tried disabling proxy as suggested. unfortunetly this didnt solve it. I looked at the issue 86 also. i disabled all other plugins. and tried again but still got the same.

Has anyone got any ideas as what could be causing it? where could i expect to find the log to troubleshoot it (I bet this is obvious but i couldnt find it sorry)?

Any Help greatly appreciated. cheers

Fanart Handler issue has been fixed in it's latest version so please use it (Fanart Handler v2.1). It is also possible that other plugins are using the proxy incorrectly which causes Spotifier search not to work.

Turn on log level "Debug" in Mediaportal configuration, then perform a search in Spotifier. Post Spotifier.log to this thread. (default is C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\Spotifier.log on Windows 7)

stekre

Portal Member
    June 9, 2008
    First of all, great plugin! But is there a way to import spotify playlists? If not, is that a feature you plan on implementing? I also miss the similar artists section, it's great for discovering new music.

Kosmos

Portal Member
    August 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    First of all, thank you for this wonderful plugin!

But, as I run a dedicated HTPC where windows shell is replaced by MediaPortal, MediaPortal starts immediately after the Windows boots. Now I wonder if there are users who have the same kind of setup as I have, and how have they managed to start Spotify, maybe silently, on Windows boot?

I couldn't find a switch how to start Spotify silently, and I wouldn't want that on boot Spotify flashes open and then MediaPortal opens. If anyone has a solution for my problem, please post it! :p

balder88

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    I couldn't find a switch how to start Spotify silently, and I wouldn't want that on boot Spotify flashes open and then MediaPortal opens. If anyone has a solution for my problem, please post it! :p

Have you tried to have "Mediaportal always on top", in general settings...

Kosmos

Portal Member
    August 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Have you tried to have "Mediaportal always on top", in general settings...

Thanks for the tip, altho thats not exactly what I meant. But, I already found a solution to the problem, found out yesterday that the plugin can open Spotify itself if it isn't running in the background already, wonderful!

nominefi

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello. First of all thanks for the job.

I have the next problem, i search by artist and find the artist, when i want to view the songs of this artist the list is empty. I try with various and always is the same.
    In the configuration of the plugin, i put my country (España) like is in my account (no premium) of spotify (i try with copy paste to be exactly the same), i accept the configuration but when open the configuration other time the country is blank. Maybe is important for solution.

I use MP RC6, xp sp3, spotifier 1.0. in the app of spotify i haven´t problems, is ok, find the artist and songs.

Thank you and sorry for my english

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello. First of all thanks for the job.

I have the next problem, i search by artist and find the artist, when i want to view the songs of this artist the list is empty. I try with various and always is the same.
    In the configuration of the plugin, i put my country (España) like is in my account (no premium) of spotify (i try with copy paste to be exactly the same), i accept the configuration but when open the configuration other time the country is blank. Maybe is important for solution.

I use MP RC6, xp sp3, spotifier 1.0. in the app of spotify i haven´t problems, is ok, find the artist and songs.

Thank you and sorry for my english

Please provide exact steps how to reproduce this problem (what are you searching, what are the search results, what results do you then click, etc.), thank you.

Also, have you tried selecting "Spain" as your country setting? Or does it say "España" for you in the selection box when you click the country dropdown menu? You should not type anything to the selection box, just select one from the list.

nominefi

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    hello.

the problem is fixed. the problem was that the window of configuration was not all display and i didn´t know that the country was to fill by a dropdown menu. I wrote the country directly.

I hope you understand me. thanks

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello Seco,

Realy nice plug-in and extra nice that it works without premium account.
    However I have a premium account and would love to see my "original" spotify playlists (and higher bitrate).

Have you considered and option so that if you config Spotifier that you have premium account it could utilize the spotify libraries directly (not using the PC client) and implement full use of spotify?

Just an idea since you have come so far in developing everything.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello Seco,

Realy nice plug-in and extra nice that it works without premium account.
    However I have a premium account and would love to see my "original" spotify playlists (and higher bitrate).

Have you considered and option so that if you config Spotifier that you have premium account it could utilize the spotify libraries directly (not using the PC client) and implement full use of spotify?

Just an idea since you have come so far in developing everything.

Hi Johan,

I have actually planned this in the past but at the moment I cannot implement it since I don't have a premium account. Otherwise it would probably be done already :p

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to buy the premium account in the near future.

I think you can still enjoy a higher bitrate with Spotifier if you just set it up in Spotify client?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom