Streamed MP v1.0 RC1 [05 Mar 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC1] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: Streamed MP RC v1.0.0 [05 Mar 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC1]

The menu editor still give me the Unhandled Exception "Out Of Memory" I have want to setup default a background image from a folder with only 2 images in it.

Emph

Hi Emph,

I need to get to the bottom of this, I cant reproduce, some questions

At what point do you get the 'out of memory' error?

Is the directory with the images under media\animations or a browsed to dir?

What are the image types?

Also does this always happen, can you reproduce at will?

Thanks for you help

Trevor

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

I got an error. I 've installed the last Media Portal 1.0.0 RC1 and the new StreamedMP. The error occour even with Blue3Wide but it's related to infoservice.dll plugin included in the package. When wheater information checkbox is disabled the exception is not been raised.

Code:
    2010-03-05 22.44.13.562000 [ERROR][(22)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2010-03-05 22.44.13.566000 [ERROR][(22)]: Exception   :System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Durante l'operazione si è verificata un'eccezione che ha reso non valido il risultato. Per i dettagli sull'eccezione vedere InnerException. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: I parametri Year, Month e Day descrivono un'informazione DateTime non rappresentabile.
       in System.DateTime.DateToTicks(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day)
       in System.DateTime..ctor(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day)
       in WeatherConnector.Xml.WeatherXml.ParseXmlDateTime(String xPath, String format)
       in WeatherConnector.Weather.ParseWeatherData()
       in WeatherConnector.Weather.UpdateWeatherData()
       in InfoService.Weather.WeatherService.UpdateWeatherData(String locationId)
       in InfoService.BackgroundWorkers.WeatherWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
       in System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
       --- Fine dell'analisi dello stack dell'eccezione interna ---
       in System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
       in System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
       in InfoService.Utils.WeatherUtils.wWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
       in System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
       in System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
       in System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
       in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
       in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
       in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       in System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
       in System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)
    2010-03-05 22.44.13.567000 [ERROR][(22)]: Exception   :Durante l'operazione si è verificata un'eccezione che ha reso non valido il risultato. Per i dettagli sull'eccezione vedere InnerException.
    2010-03-05 22.44.13.568000 [ERROR][(22)]:   site      :Void RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
    2010-03-05 22.44.13.569000 [ERROR][(22)]:   source    :System
    2010-03-05 22.44.13.571000 [ERROR][(22)]:   stacktrace:   in System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
       in System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
       in InfoService.Utils.WeatherUtils.wWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
       in System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
       in System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
       in System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
       in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
       in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
       in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       in System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
       in System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Streamed MP RC v1.0.0 [05 Mar 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC1]

hi ltfearme

i have the same issue,if i edit the items in the basichome editor,if i put new items in my Menu is already ok or if i delete the old items and add them to return is also ok.

I can see in the debugger popUp "Cannot find the folder "animations". I specified the folder manually, but I still get the same error!!! I hope i can help you a little bit with my statement.

This has been found and fixed, thx for the report.

We have added the editor as a standalone download currently as the error reported is serious.

Please Download StreamedMPEditor-r1089.zip and please confirm this solves the problem.

Thanks

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

I got an error. I 've installed the last Media Portal 1.0.0 RC1 and the new StreamedMP. The error occour even with Blue3Wide but it's related to infoservice.dll plugin included in the package. When wheater information checkbox is disabled the exception is not been raised.
    red5goahead, do you mind reporting an issue for the InfoService so the developer 'edsche' knows about it. The plugin is still in beta so would be nice to have that resolved before the stable v1.5

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi Emph,

Thanks for you help

Trevor

Pictures are .bmp.

The path to the pictures (browsed to paths):
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\XFactor\Media\Animations\settings
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\XFactor\Media\Animations\pictures

My theory is that the picture selector shows three images at a time, and if you have 5 only, and click the "next" button (I get the out of memory error if I do that) it can only find 2 images, so 1 "slot" is empty = error.

If I open a folder with only 2 images = instant error.

The error message:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
    at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
    at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename)
    at StreamedMPEditor.streamedMpEditor.bgChangeButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    StreamedMPEditor
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.1063
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.1063
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/J%F6rgen/Desktop/StreamedMPEditor.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    InfoService
    Assembly Version: 1.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.5.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/plugins/windows/infoservice.dll
    Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I used the newer editor attached in a post after the skin release package. I tried to find a settings file for StreamedMP, but I don't know where to look in case that's important.

I've attached:
    Basichome.xml

Emph

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
      30.6 KB

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Streamed MP RC v1.0.0 [05 Mar 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC1]

hi ltfearme

i have the same issue,if i edit the items in the basichome editor,if i put new items in my Menu is already ok or if i delete the old items and add them to return is also ok.

I can see in the debugger popUp "Cannot find the folder "animations". I specified the folder manually, but I still get the same error!!! I hope i can help you a little bit with my statement.

This has been found and fixed, thx for the report.

We have added the editor as a standalone download currently as the error reported is serious.

Please Download StreamedMPEditor-r1089.zip and please confirm this solves the problem.

Thanks

big thanks trevor i have used this new version from svn 1089 and you have fixed this issue,thanks.:)

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

Hi Emph,

Thanks for you help

Trevor

Pictures are .bmp.

The path to the pictures (browsed to paths):
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\XFactor\Media\Animations\settings
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\XFactor\Media\Animations\pictures

My theory is that the picture selector shows three images at a time, and if you have 5 only, and click the "next" button (I get the out of memory error if I do that) it can only find 2 images, so 1 "slot" is empty = error.

If I open a folder with only 2 images = instant error.

The error message:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
    at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
    at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename)
    at StreamedMPEditor.streamedMpEditor.bgChangeButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    StreamedMPEditor
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.1063
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.1063
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/J%F6rgen/Desktop/StreamedMPEditor.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    InfoService
    Assembly Version: 1.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.5.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/plugins/windows/infoservice.dll
    Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I used the newer editor attached in a post after the skin release package. I tried to find a settings file for StreamedMP, but I don't know where to look in case that's important.

I've attached:
    Basichome.xml

Emph

Thanks for the detailed repsonse, the way the images are handled seems ok and I can not break it the way you say, tried 2 images, 5 images no problems. Even created bmp images and instgalled x-factor to use the same dirs and still all works ok.

Looking at the error it seems crash out when loading you image, can you upload the the two images to either here or our google code site attached to a new issue.

The other option is you have some hidden file like thumbs.db that I am looking at - there is a potential problem in that editor looks at all file types, so make the assumption that the dir contains just image file. Will fix that in the next release but would nornally restrict it just to .jpg files, maybe .png as well.

Thanks

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

A bit late here now, so I'll try to have a look tomorrow. IIRC, there are only images in the folders though of different types (.bmp and .jpg). I know that I'm probably in minority using .bmps, so I have no business taking up your time with the, as .jpgs will do just fine. I converted to .bmps a couple of months back when someone suggested that the AEON basic home animations would go smoother. Well, where's AEON now? :p

Emph

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

A bit late here now, so I'll try to have a look tomorrow. IIRC, there are only images in the folders though of different types (.bmp and .jpg). I know that I'm probably in minority using .bmps, so I have no business taking up your time with the, as .jpgs will do just fine. I converted to .bmps a couple of months back when someone suggested that the AEON basic home animations would go smoother. Well, where's AEON now? :p

Emph

ok, it might be hidden if it is a thumbs.db.....Aeon will return!

Rijnton

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Is it only possible to have a single image as background for a menu category (Music, Movies etc) ? I mean, with the Aeon mod I could choose a folder with multiple images and then the images rotated.Is this also possible with the StreamedMP editor and if so, how ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom