Streamed MP v1.0 RC1 [05 Mar 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC1] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: Streamed MP RC v1.0.0 [05 Mar 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC1]

Is it only possible to have a single image as background for a menu category (Music, Movies etc) ? I mean, with the Aeon mod I could choose a folder with multiple images and then the images rotated.Is this also possible with the StreamedMP editor and if so, how ?

Because of memory issues we removed the controls that revolved the images and replaced with Fanart Handler. To enable random fanart you now need to copy the image files to one of the fanart directories. Please see the documenation for Fanart Handler, this explains the directory location and layout.

UserGuide - fanart-handler - Enable Music Fanart. - Project Hosting on Google Code

After you have copied you backdrops to the correct locations you will need to use the editor to edit each menu item you want random fanart/backgrounds for and tick 'Enable Fanart Handler for his Item", you can now select the fanart base property for this item.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you any problems or further questions.

Thanks

Mr. V

Portal Pro
September 15, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country

Hi

Disabling backgroung sharing doesnt seem to work.

In my menu i have Radio, My Music and Music Vids. They all use music fan art.

The background flashes between each of the menu items but the image is the same.

Unticking the box, the image is the same but does not flash between menu items.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country

Hi

Disabling backgroung sharing doesnt seem to work.

In my menu i have Radio, My Music and Music Vids. They all use music fan art.

The background flashes between each of the menu items but the image is the same.

Unticking the box, the image is the same but does not flash between menu items.

You are right and it is a mistake as disabling background sharing for fanart items is invalid, the option was really designed to allow for differenet single image backgrounds from the same source folder.

With fanart handler te image to be displayed is set by the plugin and will always be the same.

I will amend the editor to hid this option for fanart items.

thx

Rijnton

Portal Pro
November 20, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

After you have copied you backdrops to the correct locations you will need to use the editor to edit each menu item you want random fanart/backgrounds for and tick 'Enable Fanart Handler for his Item", you can now select the fanart base property for this item.
Thanks

Thanks Trevor. I got it working for Music and Movies. But how/what should I do for Weather ? I have a folder "linkedweather" in Animations of StreamedMP with a bunch of images. I copied the images to Skin Fanart>scorecenter (because I don't use scorecenter) and linked to that in the editor and enabled Fanart Handler, but that doesn't work. I still get the default image alternating with a black background.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country

Thanks

Thanks Trevor. I got it working for Music and Movies. But how/what should I do for Weather ? I have a folder "linkedweather" in Animations of StreamedMP with a bunch of images. I copied the images to Skin Fanart>scorecenter (because I don't use scorecenter) and linked to that in the editor and enabled Fanart Handler, but that doesn't work. I still get the default image alternating with a black background.

The weather is handled in a special way and there are two options.

• The default install just includes a single image (default.jpg) in the folder Animations\weatherbg.
  • By optionally downloading the Weather Background option pack (link to download this will be displayed in Weather Options on the 'Menu/Plugins Options' tab) and ticking the box Link Background to curent weather the background will now display a background to match the todays weather condidtion.
I must admit to not considering that random weather backgrounds may be wanted. I have just tested this, copying the linked weather files in the fanart scorecenter dir as you have and with some manula mods to the gernerated basichome it works.

Thast the good news, the bad news the editor cannot yet set this up but will look at adding this for the next release.

Couple of options here, depending how happy you are about editing the basichome.xml file, the following amendments are required to the Basichiome.xml and must ensure the 'Link Background to curent weather' is unticked.

In the section at the top that has the <define> tags add the following line after the <define>#useRandomMoviesFanart:No</define>.

<define>#useRandomScoreCenterFanart:Yes</define>

Now scroll down tll you find the weather background control, your ID might not be 1201 but that can be ignored.

<control>
<description>WEATHER BACKGROUND 1</description>
<id>1201</id>
<type>image</type>
<texture>#fanarthandler.scorecenter.backdrop1.any</texture>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<visible>[Control.IsVisible(1001)]+control.isvisible(91919297)</visible>
<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="350">VisibleChange</animation>
</control>

You need to copy this control so you have 2 weather background controls and then make the following changes (highlighted in red), so they look like these below. (as I said your ID may be different, just add 1 to end of the first controls ID and 2 to the second)

<control>
<description>WEATHER BACKGROUND 1</description>
<id>12011</id>
<type>image</type>
<texture>#fanarthandler.scorecenter.backdrop1.any</texture>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<visible>[Control.IsVisible(1001)]+control.isvisible(91919297)</visible>
<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="350">VisibleChange</animation>
</control>

<control>
<description>WEATHER BACKGROUND 2</description>
<id>12012</id>
<type>image</type>
<texture>#fanarthandler.scorecenter.backdrop2.any</texture>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<visible>[Control.IsVisible(1001)]+control.isvisible(91919298)</visible>
</control>

If you dont feel ok with making these chanages attach your basichome.xml and will alter for you.

Cheers

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Schedule a recording not possible

Hi,
    I just upgraded to RC1 and the latest version of StreamedMP.

Everything seems to work fine for me except the scheduling of a new recording via the TV Home screen.
    Steps to reproduce:
    go to TVhome screen
    klick timer
    chose an option for recoring e.g. "Search for..."
    the sms style keyboard opens BUT

there is no way to get text into the search box, at least for me.
    I also tried mouse, keyboard and remote...

hints? or bug?

cheers
    joystick

Rijnton

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Thanks again Trevor. I didn't know about the "Link Background to curent weather" option. I assume that I also have to set weatherbg as single image folder for it to work ?

I tried to edit basichome.xml but didn't succeed, maybe because I have a few different lines in it. I would appreciate it very much if you could do it. I attached the original one that I backupped before.

Btw, another question. I don't know if it is skin related and it is not so important, but I cannot get an image/logo appearing in front of the news ticker in the Basic Home screen. I tried linking to a few images but it doesn't work.

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
      30.6 KB

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008

is this version any faster? particularly with movingpictures?

LANJAN

Portal Member
    November 4, 2005

Hi there!
    First off, big THX for this skin, it's really sleek.
    I have a few problems with it though, but for now I will just mention the one:
    The basic home screen works fine, when I build it with the builder app. Then, when I press the media center button on my remote while I am in the basic home menu I get to the normal menu with all the items in there. The Menu looks different, as it is centered. I like the idea of having a basic menu and one for all the bells and whistles, but the complex menu just doesn't work.
    I can go up and down through the menu items, but trying to enter a specific section just doesn't do anything but play the button click sound and there is an empty bar that shortly pops up from the bottom, but vanishes immediately.
    If i go left or right on my remote the focus just vanishes into nothing. If I press OK on my remote i am presented with the shutdown menu. Also once I am in this advanced menu I cant return back to the basic home menu. All I can do from there on out is Alt + F4.
    Now I hope this is the right thread for this. If I can supply any other information that might help resolve this problem I just need to know what you need.
    Well then thanks again and have a nice weekend!

-Jan-

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

Thanks again Trevor. I didn't know about the "Link Background to curent weather" option. I assume that I also have to set weatherbg as single image folder for it to work ?

I tried to edit basichome.xml but didn't succeed, maybe because I have a few different lines in it. I would appreciate it very much if you could do it. I attached the original one that I backupped before.

Btw, another question. I don't know if it is skin related and it is not so important, but I cannot get an image/logo appearing in front of the news ticker in the Basic Home screen. I tried linking to a few images but it doesn't work.

Hi Rijnton,

It was quicker for me to update the editor to do this, you can download the updated version here

http://streamedmp.googlecode.com/files/StreamedMPEditor-r1092.zip

Unpack and copy to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP, I also tend to delete and recreate the the desktop shortcut.

Please let me know if this works ok for you.

Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom