1.4.x Themes: BasicHome, Clear Art's support for Titan, Weather icon on screen, bugfixes and more. (2 Viewers)

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Not sure if I am meant to add this here but if I am not I ask the mods to delete this post.
    Note: I ran a test and can see the exit from plugins with large icons is happening from something I changed. I can track down the bug later.
    Make a backup of your MePo folder so you can change your mind later by replacing the MePo folder and reverting the changes back.

I split the changes into two files and both go into Titan Skin MePo them.
    Paste the Titan Skin mods into the Titan theme MePo folder so it can update things.
    Then paste in the DVDArt mods into the same folder so it can use the DVDArt folder for the artwork if you want.
    A couple of files are in both so paste the DVDArt modes last if you use them.

Some of the changes in the Titan Skin MePo theme mods include:
    Fixed an issue with the pin code stars not showing the stars with each number. If you can't hear the beeps it's hard to track entries without it.
    Preferential change to the 12hr Time by adding AM/PM.
    Preferential change to moving pictures so runtime is hours minutes seconds instead of total minutes because I was sick of calculating it for my kids.
    Preferential change on latest media in home so movies/tvseries play icon so it's larger and center just like how it displays on Trakt latest media.
    Preferential change from listing Director to listing Writer in moving pictures and mptv-series.
    Preferential change in moving pictures so the dvd art appears like it does in the Videos plugin.

Note: I made the latest media in home changes to work with the small icons so the height of the play icon for the latests Movies/TVSeries will be off in height for the other home icon sizes as I hard coded the height as I did not go to the effort of finding the variable.

The following displays 5 before and after images of some of the changes I made.

Latest media play icon - Before
    01.png

Latest media play icon - After
    02.png

MP-TVSeries View offset wrong and 12hr clock missing AM/PM
    03.png

MP-TVSeries View offset fixed and 12hr clock fixed. Added humidity because it was easier than going to the weather plugin all the time to check.
    04.png

MP-TVSeries Episodes. Not sure why the details at bottom are empty. I do remember MP-TVSeries had a problem with the positions of these icons taking up too much room horizontally and the Close Caption icon was the wrong size.
    05.png

MP-TVSeries Episodes. Details show up now. Also added a comma to the votes for thousands so it lines up with Moving Pictures.
    06.png

Moving Pictures All Movies
    07.png

Moving Pictures All Moves - added disc art
    08.png

Moving Pictures Unlock - All stars are blue before and after buttons are pressed
    09.png

Moving Pictures Unlock - Stars turn blue after buttons are pressed
    10.png

I really like the changes I made and I hope they can make their way into a MePo theme update in the future.

Attachments

• DVDArtMods.zip
      67.4 KB
    • TitanSkinMods.zip
      41 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I made a few changes to fix some issues with the Titan skin
    Basic skin? Or my skin theme?
    some changes to use DVDArt image locations
    For ClearArt/DVDArt I use FanartHandler, it can work with different catalogs.
    I can attach my changed files for you to diff check text compare if you are interested.
    If these are changes in the base Titan skin, then it is better to make a Pull Request, if in my topic, then I will create a new repository and then it will also be possible to make a Pull Request, if this does not suit, then you can post it here, but it is more difficult to parse the changes.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I really like the changes I made and I hope they can make their way into a MePo theme update in the future.
    I'll take a closer look one of these days. But after a quick glance, I don’t like everything.
    Latest media play icon - After
    I made it on purpose so that it wouldn’t be like everyone else’s and wouldn’t take up the entire size of the icon. But if you make such changes, then you need to make settings whether the Play button is large or small.
    12hr clock missing AM/PM
    If I'm not mistaken, the time format is taken from the Media Portal settings, or maybe even skins or themes, I don't remember. But this is not suitable for everyone, I do not use AM/PM for example, i.e. should be configured the same way.
    MP-TVSeries View offset wrong
    I’m not sure that it’s wrong, it’s separated from the icon, I don’t even know which option is better, I need to look at other screens.
    Moving Pictures All Movies
    For MovingPictures I won’t even look, I don’t use it, so I can accept any changes. :)

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Basic skin? Or my skin theme?
    A bit of both. MePo theme for 12hr clock, Play icon on latest media. Anything else is Titan skin changes.
    For ClearArt/DVDArt I use FanartHandler, it can work with different catalogs.
    Yes, I do like your FanartHandler and use it, but I wanted to be able to select what DVD Art images and Clear Art images I wanted for some movies and the DVDArt plugin has a nice GUI for that but it uses a different folder.

To be honest I have only changes a few movies because the default images were ones I did not like. When I tried to update them using DVDArt I found it painfully slow waiting for the images to load for each movie, then if I navigated off that movie the images would disappear and need to slowy load them back in.

Maybe instead of updating the MePo theme to look dvd art, clear art, clear logo art in another folder structure to suit the DVDArt plugin I should have created a new build of the DVDArt plugin to look at the FanartHandler folder structure.
    If these are changes in the base Titan skin, then it is better to make a Pull Request, if in my topic, then I will create a new repository and then it will also be possible to make a Pull Request, if this does not suit, then you can post it here, but it is more difficult to parse the changes.
    Yes, they are base Titan skin changes. I am happy to make changes in the new repository.
    I'll take a closer look one of these days. But after a quick glance, I don’t like everything.
    Haha, fair enough.
    I made it on purpose so that it wouldn’t be like everyone else’s and wouldn’t take up the entire size of the icon. But if you make such changes, then you need to make settings whether the Play button is large or small.
    It's preferential so no problem. Accomodating the icon size does not seem like it will be a problem for me to do.
    If I'm not mistaken, the time format is taken from the Media Portal settings, or maybe even skins or themes, I don't remember. But this is not suitable for everyone, I do not use AM/PM for example, i.e. should be configured the same way.
    I just switched to default theme on Titan skin and it shows the AM/PM for 12hr time so it's default behaviour. MePo has a handy switch option but it's not the same code as Titan default.
    For MovingPictures I won’t even look, I don’t use it, so I can accept any changes. :)
    Nice!

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    DVDArt plugin has a nice GUI for that but it uses a different folder.
    This is configured in FanartHandler, it can also use folders from DVDArt, but FanartHandler itself is more convenient and more accurate.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I'll try to update the MePo theme tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. If our opponents do not interfere, by launching ballistic missiles and combat UAVs.

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'll try to update the MePo theme tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. If our opponents do not interfere, by launching ballistic missiles and combat UAVs.
    I can't imagine what that is like.
    I created a GitHub account and created a folk from here:

Now I am trying to clone my repository into Visual Studio but it's really slow

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This is for the main skin.
    Yeah, that was for the Titan skin changes.

Then I imagine I would need to create a folk for your theme for the pull request on those changes.

I am currently trying to diff compare my changes and work out what they do and whether they belong in the Titan Skin or MePo theme. There are a lot of changes so this will take a while to put together.

Last edited:

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    So far I have looked at a few files and have a few suggested changes for the MePo theme.

MePo theme change I had added was a modified common.time.settings.xml because when you go to the settings screen it reverts time and date to Titan skin default instead of using the 24hr/12hr clock theme setting and full/short date theme setting. But I can see how not having the settings page time and date format conform to theme setting is not a big deal when it means one less override file to maintain so makes sense to leave it out.

Moving Pictures drops the Clock and Date from view on one of the views.
    MePo theme common.time.xml I would like to suggest. "DUMMY Visible Control" replace the visible tag with:
    XML:
    <description>DUMMY Visible Control</description>
    <visible>!Control.HasFocus(10005)</visible>

Time is missing the AM/PM and could be updated by adding tt to the code.
    "Time" control and "Time / Weather" controls would need the labels changed to:
    XML:
    <description>Time</description>
    <label>#(iif(eq(#Dtimeformat,'True'),string.format('{0:HH:mm}',cdate(#time)),string.format('{0:hh:mm tt}',cdate(#time))))</label>

Not everyone may want the AM/PM in which can I propose a change to "Time" control and "Time / Weather" controls using the following code instead to use the system clock when 24hr time setting is disabled.
    XML:
    <label>#(iif(eq(#Dtimeformat,'True'),string.format('{0:HH:mm}',cdate(#time)),#time))</label>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom