Translation powered by Transifex.com for MediaPortal 2 and many community plugins (4 Viewers)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. In Transifex when we enter the translation and we need to add the '{0}' things (and other special characters), it looks OK when we enter them. However when I want to see the translations it doesn't look good (i.e. '}0{' ). How do I know if it is written correctly and if it will serve it's purpose?
    Good news. Regarding RTL support the Transifex team was really fast. Both issues I added, are fixed and will be live soon.
    https://github.com/transifex/transifex/issues/113
    https://github.com/transifex/transifex/issues/114

Please give feedback as soon as you'll notice a difference and the change is live.

Kucheek

Portal Member
    December 18, 2008
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi all, I joined the Transifex team today to help with the translations (czech language in my case). I want to start with what I feel is most important - to add the commonly used terms into the glossary since I found in past that there was a lot of inconsistency in MP1 in the area of commonly used terms (I translated a couple of plugins for MP1 before).

I have discovered that the glossary already contains certain entries for german language but I feel that the way how the terms have been added was incorrect. The issue is that the keywords are in german and definitions describe the english source strings. Now when you switch to any different language variant of the glossary, you see the keywords still in german and the definition fields are available to be filled with translations / explanations of that selected language variant.

I think it should be exchanged - to place the german terms into definition fields and have the english terms in keywords. Using this approach, all the language variants of glossary will see the english terms and other users contributing to different languages will be able to use the glossary as well.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all, I joined the Transifex team today to help with the translations (czech language in my case). I want to start with what I feel is most important - to add the commonly used terms into the glossary since I found in past that there was a lot of inconsistency in MP1 in the area of commonly used terms (I translated a couple of plugins for MP1 before).

I have discovered that the glossary already contains certain entries for german language but I feel that the way how the terms have been added was incorrect. The issue is that the keywords are in german and definitions describe the english source strings. Now when you switch to any different language variant of the glossary, you see the keywords still in german and the definition fields are available to be filled with translations / explanations of that selected language variant.

I think it should be exchanged - to place the german terms into definition fields and have the english terms in keywords. Using this approach, all the language variants of glossary will see the english terms and other users contributing to different languages will be able to use the glossary as well.
    Good point. Thanks for informing us. I'll take care to fix it asap.

If you would like to make some kind of manual, how to use and work with the glossary, feel free to add information to the wiki ;) :p

Thanks to all our translators as well for the great progress, which we made the last weeks. Even 3 to 4 new strings are being translated to more than 10 languages within 2 days :) amazing.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok I created the English terms and copied the German terms to German definition.

It is not possible to delete terms in glossary, yet. Transifex team is working on it and will release a complete reworked glossary next weeks.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1hour gone. Swedish is finished :)
    sr-1hour.png

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I logged into transifex today to find some new strings to translate. However I find it impossible to do the translation. Anything I try to translate yyields an error "encode() takes no keyword arguments" and refuses to save.
    Anyone else having this issue?

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

Transifex updated the glossary feature completely. http://blog.transifex.com/2012/07/new-glossary-features/

So for each glossary term (English) we now can add a translation (for each language of course).
    A comment/description for each term can be stored in English as well as other languages.
    It is also possible to store whether it is a noun, verb etc...

Check it out and increase the quality of MediaPortal 2 translations... :)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We are happy to announce that MPExtended joined our TeamMediaPortal project @ Transifex.
    More information about MPExtended can be found in it's forum.

MPExtended is using TeamMediaPortal as a project hub, this means all existing language teams are available for MPExtended right from the start.

Feel free to translate MPExtended into all the languages, which are already available for MP2, and even more. :)

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom