TV Server Crashes After Recording Ends (1 Viewer)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I didn't realize that you're not using DVB-IP, so my database channel editor in plugin will not be usefull for you. I made special build of filter for you (because you can't set required parameters) with required dumping of input data. So, please, stop tv service, backup your current filter (by logs it is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\MPUrlSourceSplitter\ folder), unpack attached filter build into current filter folder and start tv service. Try one channel until it stops playback, close MP and stop tv service. In tv service log folder will be dump files (probably big).

Attachments

• FilterWithDumpingData.zip
      5.5 MB

Sigpi007

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I applied the files from above and ran through some test scenarios to generate data for your logs. Below are my records of actions and observations as close as possible to the time I observed things happening. Hopefully this will give you some help in reviewing the log files.

- Stopped TV Service
    - Applied files you provided to appropriate folder
    - Cleared all previous log files (Client and Server)
    - Started TV Service at 10:57:00 AM
    - Started MP Client @ 10:58 AM

- Selected "203 NBCHD" via EPG guide at 10:59:00 AM
    - Playback started at 10:59:17 AM
    - Playback froze at 11:00:41 AM
    - timeshifted back 30 secs to confirm I could watch previous portion of program... played fine... froze at same spot in program.
    - manually pressed stop (did not record time)

- Selected "200 ABCHD" via EPG guide at 11:02:11 AM
    - Playback started (did not record time... very quick... 2-3 secs)
    - Playback froze at 11:03:37 AM
    - Manually pressed stop at 11:03:50 AM

- Selected "201 CBSHD" at 11:04:35 AM
    - Playback started at 11:04:39 AM
    - Playback froze at 11:05:36 AM
    - Manually pressed stop at 11:05:57 AM

- Stopped TV Service at 11:09 AM
    - Exported all logs via MP Watchdog (see attached)

Sigpi007

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    Not there... that folder is empty. However, I did find a dump file in the "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log" folder. I assume this is what you're looking for since it 550 MB!! (How am I going to get this to you?)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Not there... that folder is empty. However, I did find a dump file in the "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log" folder. I assume this is what you're looking for since it 550 MB!! (How am I going to get this to you?)
    Probably there are many files, but I need only one - it should have 'E100BAEF-149F-426A-8193-560418FA4AED' in file name. It should have around 38 MB.

Sigpi007

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    it should have 'E100BAEF-149F-426A-8193-560418FA4AED' in file name. It should have around 38 MB.

That's the log file I saw. It definitely is 550MB. I'm uploading it now. May take 10 -20 minutes before its done.

you can use Google

I love Google Drive! I was hoping you'd suggest that as the sharing platform.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    @Sigpi007 , is there any reason why are you using 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder' instead of recommended LAV filters? I personally have very bad experience with Microsoft video decoder, maybe it is the cause why playback stops.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...maybe it is the cause why playback stops.
    If the problem is a client playback issue, yes - possibly.
    ...but from the reconnecting and other messages on the server side, it seemed like the problem was more likely to be server side. Also, I thought Sigpi007 said that the problem didn't happen with the other IPTV/splitter filters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom