TV Thumbnailer - Custom Rec TV Thumbs / Better h264 support (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if that's bc you don't have recording thumbs then using my plugin would help.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why the inbuild don't work correctly ? Sometimes i have, the next time i don't have a picture ?

Hm then i will try your tool :)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, no i installed it. When i will run it automaticly, i need to setup this in the comskip plugin on tv server... Comes there any problems when i don't will use comskip and have no comskip.exe ? Or is this only to start your script. Also i can make a windows task that your tool runs every day at 20 pm ??

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes that i have read, but don't now how mp wokrs when no comskip.exe is there but i use the plugin. OK than i can set this. When i see the 4 screens or the cover ? Automaticly or can i set this somewhere what he should show me ?

Hm is there something wrong ? I have no custom Screens... Hm where are my logs. I post them when i found them on my NAS...

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ... and from the tv thumbnailer wiki ...

File naming convention

TV Thumbnailer expects tv server recordings to use the following (default) format

Movies (manual or single type recordings)
    %title% - %channel% - %date%
    eg. D:\TV Recordings\Fight Club - TV2 - 2012-10-26 - S38536.ts
    Series
    %channel%\%title%\%title% - %date%
    eg. D:\TV RECORDINGS\TV3\3 News\3 News - 2012-10-25 - S38532.ts

If you have manually moved your recordings around or renamed them, thumbnailer may have trouble guessing the show name and channel name from the file.

... and from the tvserver configuration wiki ...

Custom paths and filenames

Use this tab to set the file name format the TV-Server should use for recordings. There are two types of recordings (single and schedule) and they can have different file name formatting.
    Recording

Select the recording type to configure:
    • Movies (manual or single type recordings)
    • Series
    Format

Select one of the pre-defined file name formats or choose [User custom value] to create one of your own. You can use tags to replace part of the file name with information about the recording. Check the Sample textbox to see the result of your custom format for a fictional recording.

Last edited:

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When i need this format, than i can't use your tool because my format looks like this...

Movie

eg. D:\TV Recordings\Fight Club\Fight Club.ts

and Series

eg. D:\TV Recordings\Fringe\Fringe - S01E01.ts

I need that to autmaticly add this to mp tv series and moving pictures...

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Kiwi
    You are a god! Thanks for doing this - has bugged me since I started using MP that h.264 does not work - Thanks!
    I am not sure if just me or my installation but the comskip plugin has never been used by me and when I set up the parameters were.. "{0}" ..with the " in the box. Should have been {0} I missed this and the TV thumbnailer did not work. I only saw that later, is this just me or should the change be highlighted or the TV thumbnailer changed to accept my "error"? It was very easily missed...
    Neville

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom