TV Thumbnailer - Custom Rec TV Thumbs / Better h264 support (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    looks like it is working fine then.
    wait for next recording, or record something now and see what happens.
    you weren't clear as to what was in the log after a scheduled recording,
    basically the log entry for scheduled recording would look the same as the log entry for 'test' mode.

Last edited:

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    As a matter of interest, do you use the comskip software successfully at all? I'd not come across it until now and was wondering how good it was.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You boy has good taste, yes I just started using comskip, had to pay $10 for the donator version. I use it for when I record the tv news, It detects around 80% of commercials allowing me to press the skip button when the commercials start to skip them.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So you did a manual run for all thumbnails
    Then recorded curious george, and it found a thumbnail online
    Then you did another manual run
    Then you recorded tiki tour, and it made a thumbnail using ffmpeg (if video <720 sec you wont get an image)

so does curious george and tiki tour have thumbnails?

btw - if you make changes in tv server config, you have to restart the pc for the changes to take effect.

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yep - sort of. What is important here is the dates and the fact that we record stuff every day. Goes something like this:

Installed the software, did a manual run. All cool, all programs have thumbs
    Ran a manual test with Curious George (think the same day I installed the software
    Days passed - no thumbs on recorded programs
    Did another manual run
    Ran another manual test with Tiki Tour

So to answer your question, yes those two now have thumbs, but only after a manual run from TV Server config.

Note the comment about re-start. This has been done.

Starange???

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yup it's strange.

If thumbnailer works when you click 'test' then it should work when a recording ends. It seems like there is a problem with your tvserver service/process.

You can try the following
    1. make sure you are logged in as adminstrator
    2. change the tvservice properties and set it to run as adminstrator (ctrl+alt+del -> task manager -> right click tvservice process)
    3. turn off UAC
    4. try comskip monitored plugin to launch it instead - https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/other/comskip-monitored

Basically it's not my script that is malfunctioning it is tvserver.

btw if you are using MP 1.3 Alpha it may have a bug in the comskip launcher.
    you could try creating comskiplog.bat with the following line in it
    Code:
    echo Comskip run at %time% >> c:\comskiplog.txt
    then see if after a recording the .bat file is run or not. If it's not run you need to post a bug report with logs so the developers can fix the tvserver bug.

Last edited:

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I too had arrived at the fact that it wasn't your script... To be honest I just don't have the time at the moment to hack around with it so what I might do is just run it once a day as a scheduled task, perhaps after I import my EGP at 4 or 5am.

Thanks for all your hard work on this, it's awesome. I'm surprised that it's not something that has been fixed propoerly in the MP build itself as to me this is a critical piece of functionality.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MP 1.4 alpha will most likely have a new method for creating thumbnails (either windows thumbnailer or ffmpeg), however it wont have the online lookup function that my script has.

If you run the script everyday it will redo all the thumbnails, but this only takes a few seconds with the exception of the ones that use ffmpeg, which will take 5-10 secs per recording. It wont download images for shows that are already processed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom