UK TV & Radio Logos (1 Viewer)

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Can you check your channel names against the item names in this file? ...If you're using XBMC with the MediaPortal TV Server, they seem to have a problem with these (forum thread).

@Jasmeet_181, thank for the reply, the channel names seems to be fine and I'm using MP version 1.5. Will post this issue to the LogoManager thread as suggested by @Vasilich. Thanks again...

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    @Jasmeet_181
    after checking log files from @JJDoherty and looking into your LogoMapping - there are really no entries for these channels 5*, 5* +1, etc.
    actually you have
    XML:
      <Channel>
        <Item Name="5_">
          <Satellite />
        </Item>
        <File>5_.png</File>
      </Channel>
    and i expect to have smth like
    XML:
      <Channel>
        <Item Name="5*">
          <Satellite />
        </Item>
        <File>5_.png</File>
      </Channel>
    mention the star sign in channel name - it is allowed to have it here, but not in filename (so <File>5_.png</File> is absolutely correct from that perspective). LogoManager plugin searches real channel names (mostly coming from broadcaster) without any substitutions, as all chars are allowed there in names.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've updated the mapping file, replacing the underscores in the item name, but after doing a test I got this:
    Code:
    [2013-10-30 12:01:38,966] [Log  ] [LogoManager] [WARN ] - No mapping entries found for channel "5_" ("5*").
    [2013-10-30 12:01:54,996] [Log  ] [LogoManager] [WARN ] - No mapping entries found for channel "5_" ("5*").
    [2013-10-30 12:01:56,386] [Log  ] [LogoManager] [WARN ] - No mapping entries found for channel "more_movies" ("more>movies").
    [2013-10-30 12:01:56,386] [Log  ] [LogoManager] [WARN ] - No mapping entries found for channel "m_movies+1" ("m>movies+1").
    [2013-10-30 12:01:56,386] [Log  ] [LogoManager] [WARN ] - No mapping entries found for channel "BET_BlackEntTv" ("BET:BlackEntTv").
    [2013-10-30 12:02:00,416] [Log  ] [LogoManager] [WARN ] - No mapping entries found for channel "5_ +1" ("5* +1").

@JJDoherty Can you try grabbing the logos?

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    @Vasilich The updated version has also found them for me, I was still on the August test release. I think it would be best to keep both item names until the MPEI available through the Extension Installer and Plugins & Skins section is updated though, as most users would probably be using this.

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hey guys,

Not too sure if this is the right location for this but I appear to have a bit of an issue with the following Irish channel logos (having finally gotten around to scanning the Irish "Saorview" DTT channels last night). The following logos, while located for BSkyB under "RTE", aren't being found for the DTT equivalents due to the accent (fada), I suspect. The channels are:
    • RTÉ One
    • RTÉ Two
    I also noted the logo for Irish channel "TV3" is incorrect, I've attached an image which I hope is of some use to correct this. Thanks all...

Attachments

• TV3.png
      TV3.png
      31.6 KB

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    I thought that they would have been named RTÉ One HD and RTÉ Two HD on Saorview, an easy fix. I can't see the difference between the logo that you've posted and the one in the repo though, it's the same on the Sky and TV3 websites too.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I can't see the difference between the logo that you've posted and the one in the repo
    i can see - logo in the repo has proper dimensions 200x200 and is sharp, and the one from @JJDoherty is 208x208 and unsharp. So i also don't see the point to replace good logo with bad one.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    In terms of the design though, they look identical to me. I've added the two requested item names to the mapping file now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom