Updating custom view entries: strange behaviour (1 Viewer)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Thank you Guzzi. I guess the logs I attached some time ago will do, right?
    Seems you have problems with the network - connection seems to get lost - that is the reason, why MyFilms can't update anything, as the file system watcher is crashing:
    Code:
    2013-09-16 20:10:26,491 Debug [ 81 |      MyFilms ]: WatcherError() - A FileSystemWatcher error has occurred: El nombre de red especificado ya no estß disponible
    2013-09-16 20:10:26,731 Debug [ 36 |      MyFilms ]: MyFilms is disconnected from the network
    2013-09-16 21:33:18,683 Debug [  1 | MyFilmsDetail ]: OnMessage - MessageType: 'GUI_MSG_VISIBLE', TargetId: '2025', SenderId: '0'
    2013-09-16 21:33:18,804 Debug [  1 | MyFilmsDetail ]: OnMessage - MessageType: 'GUI_MSG_VISIBLE', TargetId: '2026', SenderId: '0'
    2013-09-16 21:33:20,979 Debug [ 80 |      MyFilms ]: MyFilms is connected to the network
    2013-09-16 21:33:53,116  Info [ 81 |      MyFilms ]: InitFSwatcher() - FSwatcher started watching - DB-file: 'G:\À Catalogo ANT\Film.xml'
    2013-09-16 21:33:53,122 Debug [ 81 |      MyFilms ]: WatcherError() - FSwatcher restarted after error !
    Please check other logs (windows event log, MP error.log, etc.) and cabling, network configuration and rights management.

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    Thank you Guzzi, I will check it. Anyway, this is very strange. My movies and the DB are on a Synology NAS which is mounted as a local drive on my HTPC. The HTPC is always on sleep mode when not in use. The NAS automatically goes into a low power mode when no requests are made from the clients. This configuration has always been working until now and I did not change anything of it. Besides, I don't understand how comes that I can watch a 2 hours HD movie without any network problem, while problems only seem to arise when MyFilms tries to connect to the DB. And this only after switching to MyFilms 6 (and newer).

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    Hi Guzzi,

I could not find any evidence of network errors in Windows / MP logs. May I ask you if you changed anything in the way MyFilms accesses the DB from MF 5 to MF 6?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Ok, so you say those entries are expected, as HTPC went to sleep and woke up again!?
    That is all difficult to grasp, as you never posted complete set of log files.
    I'd suggest that disable the power save mode and repeat the tests from post 1 - you have several "MyFilms is disconnected from the network" messages in logs (which is in general not a bad thing, it shows that the network disconnect was properly detected) - and those are followed by watcher errors (the watcher monitors the XML DB file for changes) - so I assume it misses the changes you do manually to the DB file due to that reason.
    Would also be helpful to give an exact time to verify, if the DB file change indeed is happening while the watcher did not yet reinitialize.

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    Sorry, I thought I had posted all required logs. I'll disable the NAS power save mode (the xml DB file is hosted on the NAS) and see what happens. Anyway, what puzzles me is that, as I said, the configuration "HTPC in sleep mode when not in use + NAS in power save mode when not in use + DB on the NAS" is the one I've been using for over one and a half year now. I don't remember having changed anything in it. Problems arose as I switched from MP 1.2 to MP 1.3 and subsequently from MF 5 to MF 6.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Atleast check, if the "network disconnected" was expected at the times it happens in the logs - in logs, there was no evidence of any successful detection of a change in the catalog DB file - so myfilms wasn't able to reload the file when running (and possibly might have overwritten the remote one with other changes - which lead to the situation, that you lost changes)

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    I disabled the power save mode on the NAS, just to be sure that this wasn't triggering the issue. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem: like before, MyFilms is not able to reload the xml. I would like to completely uninstall MyFilms (after backing up fanarts and other artwork): How can I perform a clean install of MyFilms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom