Views, Filters accessibility (1 Viewer)

mbb

Portal Pro
November 20, 2004
Home Country
France France
Hi,
I have now more than 600 films and it's really difficult to find a film with only a remote control.

Seach function is almost unusable without a real keyboard ; specialy for my mother in law (79 yo)

My Films have some really powerfull views and filters possible combinations but only for the default start view :(
If you want to change a view, you have to go to the menu select the views entry and select your new view...

maybe a direct access (with a key on the remote control) to a popup with a centralisation of Views, Filters, Profiles, ...

something like channel list in tv plugin => you could choose views with up/down arrows and filters/Profiles with left/right arrows

a new type of view "indexed" like in music plugin and "recently added movies" view like in moving pictures would be nice too.

thanks

mbb

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Views, Filters accessibility

Hi,
    I have now more than 600 films and it's really difficult to find a film with only a remote control.

Seach function is almost unusable without a real keyboard ; specialy for my mother in law (79 yo)
    ok, that is a "hard usability test" ;-)

My Films have some really powerfull views and filters possible combinations but only for the default start view :(
    If you want to change a view, you have to go to the menu select the views entry and select your new view...

maybe a direct access (with a key on the remote control) to a popup with a centralisation of Views, Filters, Profiles, ...
    It would be not too hard to assign "left - change view" or "left - change config" to a remote button - but it is only 1 instead of two button presses...

something like channel list in tv plugin => you could choose views with up/down arrows and filters/Profiles with left/right arrows
    That would require another skin page - and I am not sure, how much sense that would make.
    If you're trying to make it really easy, I would suggest you define a profile for each selection you want to offer (they all can base on same DB) - and let your mother in law just let select from those. Each profile can have whatever you want, like view, filter, etc.

Then assigning remote button to "profile selection" would offer a list of whatever you have defined/configured, like
    - "western movies"
    - "All movies with Heinz Rühmann"
    . ...

a new type of view "indexed" like in music plugin and "recently added movies" view like in moving pictures would be nice too.

thanks

mbb
    Recently added movies view is already done and available with MyFilms 5.2 - what do you mean with "indexed" ? Starting letters?

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    Maybe I miss something, but I didnt find the way to change the profile selection and access to the view selection is to complicated for now (menu navigation) => It's why I asked for a new screen in direct access.

Indexed = Started letters (yes)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: Views, Filters accessibility

Maybe I miss something, but I didnt find the way to change the profile selection and access to the view selection is to complicated for now (menu navigation) => It's why I asked for a new screen in direct access.

Indexed = Started letters (yes)
    ok, will add the "Indexed Title" view in V5.2.
    Re Profiles: You could also configure MyFilms to always display the config selection on start - then going home (green screen) and (re)entering MyFilms would always offer the choice of the config/profile...

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok, I will try it.

But what about viewing flag. Isnt it store in the profile ?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

Ok, I will try it.

Viewing flag is stored in the catalog itself. You can create multiple profiles based on same catalog - and they all share the same "watched" state.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

Ok, I will try it.

Viewing flag (watched status) is stored in the catalog itself. You can create multiple profiles based on same catalog - and they all share the same "watched" state.
    Edit: I assume you mean "config", when you talk about "profile" !?

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    I did some tests with "Always display menu", like you suggest, but it doesnt work for my custom view.
    Is it because I have an unfinished version or because I did something wrong in my configuration ?

Attachments

• good.jpg
      good.jpg
      70.6 KB
    • wrong.jpg
      wrong.jpg
      52.4 KB
    • MyFilms.xml
      18.7 KB
    • MyFilmsAMCSettings_mbb2.xml
      6.7 KB
    • MyFilmsAMCSettings_mbbActors.xml
      6.7 KB
    • MyFilm.xml
      3.4 MB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Views, Filters accessibility

Hi mbb,
    I just tested your config/catalog here on my test environment and it works fine and imho as expected - I can select the custom views, you created and get the persons (and related movies) displayed.
    You have V5.2.0.1755 - it is possible, that there had been applied fixes after that - so you could test a current version (PM) or wait for public 5.2 version...

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    That would require another skin page - and I am not sure, how much sense that would make.
    If you're trying to make it really easy, I would suggest you define a profile for each selection you want to offer (they all can base on same DB) - and let your mother in law just let select from those. Each profile can have whatever you want, like view, filter, etc.

Then assigning remote button to "profile selection" would offer a list of whatever you have defined/configured, like
    - "western movies"
    - "All movies with Heinz Rühmann"
    . ...

How do you assign a remote button to "profile selection" ?
    I dont see any ID's to be mapped concerning MyFilms in Windows - MediaPortal Wiki

Happy new year :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom