weather plugin say Invalid license key (1 Viewer)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Re: Weather license expired?

yep , look good ,even better then older one , i did some search and many city's view ,wich was not view in older one...

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Sadly we have had no one volunteer to fix this using any of the free api's available :(

In the weather thread, the problem doesn't seem to find anyone to do it, but to get to an agreement on what to use. All of the suggested sources have been turned down... for reasons i do not understand.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

It seems to show better weather for my town than other services, if it is true, lets use it ;-)

The terms seem to be OK (you always need to check the nitty gritty terms for use of an API, many restrict the number of searches allowed in a given time frame.) We just have to credit world weather online by image, name or link.

gurkc006

Portal Member
    July 13, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Weather license expired?

World Weather Online offers a FREE account, but it's limited to 500 requests per hour. I guess that may be a problem with all MP users using this account?! Are there any numbers available?
    C

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ideally the weather plugin will be rewritten so it can use multiple api's, so then everyone can use there favourite site from a drop down box, advantage of this, we can switch to another api in event of similar thing happening when api shut off.

And should then be easier to keep up to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    This plugin is alternate version to the original World Weather plugin developed by @Micropolis. Is compatible with MediaPortal...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter to the profile. I'll try to add this option in the next version. PS: please use official thread
    Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter...
    I have the current (1.0.2.0 level) World Weather Lite plugins installed on x86 and x64 different MP1 copies. When Location is...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    ok, thanks. No hurry, take your time!
    ok, thanks. No hurry, take your time!
    @high I've since several days issues with the wiki pages. I can normaly log in and edit the content. But when I want to save I...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom