weather plugin say Invalid license key (1 Viewer)

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: weather plugin say Invalid license key

i think also that is not a big problem -
    this has also be done for

- lastFM
    - TV-Series

... so - thin k this option could also be solution till a better one is available..

just my2ct's

BigB42078

Portal Member
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    what is the problem that everyone get theyr own personal API key to use ?

The problem is that every user of MediaPortal has to go to an english website and create a user-account to request and API. Not really user-friendly...

There are always webpage translators Free Website Translator. Online Website Translation. Google usually has the option next to the link when you search from another country other than the language written on the page.:D

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Last.fm and trakt are used for keeping order in your music and tv-series and can be used to show what you have listened to/watched. A weather-plugin should just work. No fancy-pancy, settings about chosen cities should be stored in MediaPortal.xml and that's it.

Requiring the user to sign up for an API-key is overly complicated and another (new) barrier to start using MediaPortal. A big step in the wrong direction IMHO.

BigB42078

Portal Member
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Last.fm and trakt are used for keeping order in your music and tv-series and can be used to show what you have listened to/watched. A weather-plugin should just work. No fancy-pancy, settings about chosen cities should be stored in MediaPortal.xml and that's it.

Requiring the user to sign up for an API-key is overly complicated and another (new) barrier to start using MediaPortal. A big step in the wrong direction IMHO.

Yeah, but if it comes down to not having any other options that is what is gonna have to be done.

Ideally the weather plugin will be rewritten so it can use multiple api's, so then everyone can use there favourite site from a drop down box, advantage of this, we can switch to another api in event of similar thing happening when api shut off.

And should then be easier to keep up to date.

I like this idea a lot!!!:D

I would think someone would wanna fix this, it's such a simple and very popular feature. Especially when Mediaportal is trying to get it's name out there. Might as well take the weather part out of the brochure. If XBMC can do it, MP should be able to.

Attachments

• Brochure_inside_2.jpg
      Brochure_inside_2.jpg
      256.4 KB

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Indeed, weather is important. It should be fixed ASAP!

BigB42078

Portal Member
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Been doing a little research about yahoo's weather. Most people complaining about only 2 day forecast. But found this in the yahoo developer forum.

This only works for US, but somebody outside the US may be able to figure out how to get the international working

Yahoo! Weather - Error (replace x's with zipcode) and paste in console for full code YQL Console.

Maybe this will help somebody. Oh yeah notice the provided by The Weather Channel

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Very nice to hear!

Weaslasf

Portal Member
    April 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

is there any solution for streamedmp skin? when would it be fixed?

Users who are viewing this thread