[Help Me!] WebMediaPortal IIS installation: HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden (1 Viewer)

onetoomany

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
UK
Hi,

I'm trying to install WebMediaPortal on WSBS2008 IIS7. I've followed the instructions on the Wiki, but get the following error:
HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden

The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.

Module DirectoryListingModule
Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler StaticFile
Error Code 0x00000000

A default document is not configured for the requested URL, and directory browsing is not enabled on the server.

I'm no expert at ASP.net, but I guess I've not configured IIS to load the default document?
I've tried turning off the firewall, setting permissions, and even running the Application Pool under Administrator.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did you register ASP.NET and install ASP.NET MVC3? This error usually happens when it can't start the ASP.NET handler.

onetoomany

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    UK
    Yes, ASP.net and MVC3 are both installed on my server. In fact, I've got other .net applications running ok (e.g. iPimp) on IIS but as different sites.
    I double checked by trying to reinstall them this evening.

Should I have a default.aspx in the www folder or something? The installer gave me a global.asax, a few .config files and a number of sub directories.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm, then I think it should work. There is no default.aspx file anymore with ASP.NET MVC3, so that should be fine.

I haven't tested it on IIS7 (only on IIS7.5) myself. If I've some time this weekend I'll try it on a IIS7 installation.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm, I've tested it on IIS7 now, but it works fine for me. Are you sure the settings for your app pool are correct too?

fujistick

Portal Member
    January 18, 2008
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I was about to post that I was having the exact same problem, however, I think I've just figured out the problem.

I'm running Windows Server 2008 R2 which has IIS7.5, so it's not an IIS version thing.

The problem was that I had accidentally added WebMediaPortal as a 'Virtual Directory', and not as an 'Application'. When I right clicked on the virtual directory and did 'Convert to Application', it started working.

If this is correct, it might be worth making a note of this in the IIS install instructions on the wiki so others don't make the same mistake.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, that might make sense. Go ahead and edit it to the wiki ;)

fujistick

Portal Member
    January 18, 2008
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm trying to update the wiki, but i can't seem to login... work in progress...

onetoomany, just out of curiosity, did this solve your problem?

fujistick

Portal Member
    January 18, 2008
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I've got my wiki login issue sorted now, but it looks like you've beaten me to it... :)

onetoomany

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    UK
    Sadly, still getting the issues. I've tried reinstalling MVC3, WebMP etc..
    I've got WebMP is set as an application.
    I've tried the .net application pool in both integrated and classic mode as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom